Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Sledge Hammer

Kailli’s POV

My head felt like it had been hit with a sledgehammer.

My body felt weak and there was an awful smell stuck up my nose.

I groaned at the pain and then caught the scent of something familiar.

I gasped as I saw a wolf at my bedside and Donovan at the door.

Each ready to launch at each other.

The thing that confused me the most was that the wolf looked like he was protecting me.

“Donovan” I coughed out feeling how weak my voice was and how weak I was.

My arms under me gave way and I fell back onto the bed.

At once the wolf was at my side “Are you okay?” he asked to tenderly.

“Get away from her you monster” Donovan was now at the other side of my bed.

They started growling at each other “Stop it” I couldn’t understand why my voice was so weak.

It felt like everything I had had been drained from me.

“What did you do to her?” I heard Donovan growl at the wolf as I closed my eyes.

“They drained her of most of her blood before I was able to stop them” his voice sounded apologetic.

“Why did you stop them?” I asked still with my eyes closed.

There was silence for a while so I decided to get my own answers.

Because I love you.

Because you are my soul mate, the one that calls to me.

You are my everything now,

They can’t touch you while I live and I would die for you if they tried.

His thoughts sickened me.

They were so passionate, so loving, so heartfelt,

He really did love me but I didn’t understand why.

“Why do you feel like that you don’t know me?” I asked not even waiting for him to answer.

I opened my eyes a little and the wolf was staring cautiously at Donovan and lovingly at me.

“It’s part of being a wolf, we have a pull towards our soul mates we don’t have a choice to who it is either”

Donovan’s eyes flashed red in anger; I quickly grabbed his wrist to tell him it was okay.

“But our kinds are mortal enemies” I commented.

I did say that I wanted to learn more about the wolves, now I could learn whatever and not be killed.

“I know, none of the others understand or like it but they aren’t allowed to kill you”

At this he looked at Donovan whose hand I was holding.

“They will kill him?” I asked seeing the sheer hate in the wolf’s eyes.

“Yes” he growled in anger, the only thing stopping him killing Donovan now was me.

“I can’t stay here, I don’t belong” I told the wolf wondering if he would let me go.

“The others will be suspicious” he replied

And I can’t live without you now, it hurts

Talk about complications.

“This is so like you Kailli” Donovan didn’t sound very happy,

“How is this like me?” I asked him annoyed, I had never done anything like this.

“You attract enemies, even on the same side.” he was right I did, him, emery and now this wolf.

I probably could start a war between the most friendly of countries, that was how I was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments Are Loved, Hope you all liked this :)
Written by the wonderful Hopeless Heart!
Who will be back soon...
Comments are loved!!!!