Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Without Me

Pain was all I could feel, as I slowly became aware of the world again.

One name running through my head, Kailli.

Where was she?

Is she ok?

As soon as I could feel my arms and legs, I shot up, opening my eyes as I did so.

I was cold, it was dark.

I looked around me, I was in some sort of cage, the cruel metal bars keeping me from freedom, from Kailli.

It appeared to be made from thick iron, I was chained to the floor, with long arm restraints, and ankle cuffs.

The entire place was dark, and silent, the only sound came from the dripping of water from somewhere.

I shook my head to clear it, trying to focus, trying to work out how to get out of here.

I was trapped, Kailli was somewhere, with that wolf.

I stood up, the cage allowing me about a metre of space all around me.

At first I began pacing softly, surely someone would eventually come to get me.

When they do, I can attack them.

But then I gave up, sinking to the floor, it was useless.

She was gone, and I saw sure to die.

It was only as the cold from the floor began to seep into my skin, that I realised how injured I really was, and had been.

My arm, was still broken, my legs had been.

I had long scars that were slowly fading, from deep gashes.

I could only guess that I had been unconscious for about 4 hours.

Normally I would have healed by now, but my lack of blood, made it impossible.

Loud, heavy footsteps sounded along the ground, the cage actually shaking slightly with each step.

I backed up, against the cage and waited, as the footsteps got nearer.

In the non-existent light, any human wouldn’t be able to see.

Thankfully, I’m not that primitive.

I could see, not clearly, but I could still see, the looming figure that was making his way towards me.

He stopped in front of my cage, and I could see his teeth and his eyes, both threatening.

“Time to go leech.” I saw him smirk, as he dragged my chains, unlocking the door as he did so, pulling me along, like a dog on a leach.

I snarled at him, but he did nothing but laugh, as he walked me outside.

The sun was soon to be up, I could sense it, it was about 3 am.

Sun up was due about 3:05.

I didn’t have long.

As he dragged me, I noticed a large stake-type looking object, sticking out of the ground.

I was actually going to die.

I searched the crowd that had collected, frantically, hoping to catch a last glimpse of Kailli, before the sun got to me.

She wasn’t here, I couldn’t even smell her.

The wolf tied me to the stake and I didn’t object.

I couldn’t win, I was out numbered easily.

I looked up into the sky, as a few of the wolves laughed at me, others had conversations and some just stood there staring.

One more glimpse of Kailli was all I asked for.

All I wanted.

Death would soon be here, I could feel it.

And I never even managed to avenge Lilly’s death.

Lilly.

‘I will join you soon Lilly.’

I smiled at that thought, just as I heard the sun break over the edge of the world.

Slowly I could see in the distance, as the sun rays begin to make their way across the world.

I had never seen this before in my life, I had never watched the sun.

But then, with the last breath of wind that brushed across my face, the coolness of the wind, that last time I was due to experience anything cold, before the sun ripped through me, but with this breath of wind, her scent filled my nose.

I snapped my head in the right direction, and there she was, stood there, among the wolves, like she belonged.

Just as I saw her, sun burned straight through me, I felt it, it was like a sharp knife being dragged slowly through my skin.

Through me, through my arms, my legs, my face.

I felt like I was on fire, and I tried desperately to move around, trying anything I could to put out the flames that were running through, my body.

God I hated the sun.

But then, as I began to once more feel unconsciousness clawing at my mind, her wolf spoke.

“Release him.”

The howl from the opposing wolves, were ear deafening, but I was cut down and taken into shade.

I fell back against a tree, burns from the sun scaring my flesh.

I breathed heavily, but managed to stand up, as another wolf approached me.

“You are free to go leech.”

I nodded, and walked, among the shade, to Kailli.

“Come on, let’s go.” I whispered to her.

I didn’t die, I saw her, she could be mine…

“I can’t.” I looked at her shocked.

Was she joking?

She couldn’t be seriously staying here.

A thought crossed my mind, and I turned to the wolf next to her.

He wasn’t letting her leave.

I’ll kill him.


She cleared her throat.

“I-I don’t want to. Tell Emery I died or something.”

Her voice choked on ‘something’.

I watched her, she can’t be serious.

She wasn’t really going to stay here.

Without me.

But, I could see the determination in her eyes.

I nodded sharply and turned away, away from the girl I loved, and away from the heart break she had caused.

I knew now, I only had one mission in life, only one reason for living.

Again.

To revenge the death of Lilly.

The one and only girl, I ever really loved.

As I walked away, I heard Kailli cry out slightly, quickly covering it up with a cough.

I bowed my head, and swiftly disappeared into the trees, back to my men, back to my old life, back to my real mission.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay hope you like it :)
So sad that he has to leave her behind ;(
Comments are loved :P
Thanks for Reading:)