Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Memories For The Lovestruck

Emery's P.O.V.

I paced around the room furiously.

Was this really the only way to have her back in my life?

To design a treaty between myself and those…those monsters, to save a girl who doesn’t even love me.

I am not foolish.

I know that Kailli loves none other than herself, she is a selfish creature at heart, never would she commit an act for someone else’s profit, other than her own.

But that’s what makes her so…wonderful.

How many other woman are there, who can, even when you are a 100+ year old vampire, floor you and beat you at anything.

Always be one step ahead of everyone.

And yet be so elegant about it.

It’s as though she finds perfection easy.

And yet she chose those creatures over us, her people, over me.

The only person Kailli ever loves is…

“Donovan, is here to see you.” Aaron called, one of my most trusted men.

I nodded and took a seat in my chair, as Donovan came walking into the room, looking solemn.

He was my strongest man, he could out fight any army, and out skill any pro.

And yet he hadn’t been able to convince Kailli to come back.

And I couldn’t decide who hated him more for that, me….or himself.

“What is it Donovan?” I snapped, I did not have time for such a sorry excuse for a vampire.

Over the past 3 hours since he arrived home, I had been constantly pacing, and I will admit to smashing a few priceless heirlooms.

But one thought had been running through my head, Could I kill Donovan?

Am I strong enough?

Do I have enough will power?


It was because of him, Kailli was never coming back, and right now Is probably being pulled apart by wolves.

I shivered, the memories that word brought up, flicked through my mind, like a silent movie.

Such awful things I had seen, such death, such destruction.

And Donovan had put Kailli in that situation now.

And in that split second, I knew something.

Donovan needed to die.

**

Donovan’s P.O.V.

So it was settled, I was to go in, distract Emery, while my men fought against those who would not join us.

Finally we would be in control of this coven.

Emery was a bad leader, and now he was leading us into an unwanted treaty, to save a betrayer.

I had become cynical, I will not deny it.

Love was meant for those of us, who have nothing to live for.

But I do, I have revenge and that is so much less painful than ‘love’.

Emery was to be the last person we rebel against, either he submits, or we kill him.

But now, as he prowled towards me, sword in hand, I knew this would end differently.

It would seem I had underestimated Emery.

He was either not as stupid, or not as emotionless.

And, as I stood up to meet his advance, I wondered...

Was this fight about who would remain in charge of this coven?

Or was it about Kailli?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this :)
All comments are completely adored :)
So that was half in Emery's P.O.V. and half in Donovan's P.O.V :)
Donovan <3
More soon :)