Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

The Other Side

Kailli’s POV

I sat patiently beside my leader, my master, the man I would do anything for – Emery.

While waiting for the scum that had joined us only a year ago and had caught Emery’s eye as someone ‘worth while’.

It was just over two years ago that we had killed his ‘lover’,

Doubt you could really call her that; her thoughts weren’t very faithful.

Flashback

The sun had gone down and a meeting had been called.

Emery in the lead and I on his right hand shoulder led the board to the meeting place.

As we were walking we passed a couple, just an average human couple in love.

As I was listening for anyone trying to sneak up on my leader I heard a thought that should not be heard.

That woman was thinking about my leader in the most impure way.

How dare she!

No human had the right to think of him in that way especially one with a human male on her arm.

She was going to pay for her thoughts if it’s the last thing I do.

Both of them will pay.


-

Just then Donovan walked in with his too long shaggy hair a mess, how I wanted to just cut it off.

“Sorry I am late Emery” he bowed a little at our leader and then took a seat.

His teeth sharp and long like ours, his punishment, immortality.

He remembered everything about that night he and his ‘lover’ were punished.

He remembered seeing Emery couching over the girl’s body I had thrown down.

He remembered being surrounded.

He remembered when my teeth sunk into his neck.

And he wanted revenge but with the wrong person.

He thought Emery had killed his precious Lilly as he called her.

I suppose that was just, since he saw Emery crouching over the girl’s body, but it wasn’t him.

Emery of course didn’t know that Donovan was the boy that I had turned two years ago.

He was all about business and nothing personal, well most of the time.

He didn’t care for small details.

He did like the thrill and chase of the hunt though.

That night two years ago that is what I told him Donovan and his Lilly were,

A hunt.

Flashback

For a week I had been watching her.

For a week I had been scheming.

She wasn’t going to make it out of this alive.

Her mate though, he was, I wasn’t that cruel,

Actually normally I wasn’t cruel at all but she, she crossed the line.

We stood in the darkness of the forest watching as the couple walked towards the tree line.

There was a small clearing out ahead that had a little picnic set up, how romantic.

When they were a few meters in we started our attack.

Somehow probably through a fault of one of the younger ones, they escaped.

The both of them were running through the trees aimlessly trying to find a way out.

I knew that this forest wasn’t very big and small towns lined either side so I had to do this myself.

I followed them as they ran hand in hand always looking at each other and then I saw my queue.

Their hands separated and the girl was left alone.

They were nearly at the edge, nearly out of my reach.

I ran along side the girl and grabbed her stifling her screams with my hand.

I took her to Emery before plunging my fangs into her neck and taking my fill.

I threw her on the ground for Emery now.

It was custom for the one who caught the first prey to have first feed and then give to their leader.

Just as Emery was about to feed the boy broke through into the clearing.

He was surrounded and now I was behind him.

It was his turn now.

I sunk my fangs into the back of his neck and sent him to his knees.

His last words “Lilly…” made a smile stretch across my face as I knew my job was done.

-

Donovan now sat across from me.

His jaw square and his eyes hard.

As I rifled through his thoughts I saw he had recently visited the same one as I.

As our eyes met his jaw loosened and he relaxed.

That was something of a complication since he got here.

Donovan had taken a liking to me and I can’t truthfully say he was an awful despicable waste of space.

I had come to like Donovan even if I am the one who causes him so much pain.

I was the one who killed his partner and turned him.

I was the one who wanted revenge.

I had changed a lot over the two years since I turned him.

Back then I liked the hunt, the chase, the kill.

I was blood thirsty, for anyone’s blood.

Now I wasn’t so much like that.

I still like all those things but I wasn’t as spiteful as I was back then.

Though I still can’t say I feel guilty for killing Lilly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello readers -wave-
Hope you're liking this story i must say i liked/like writing it with Vampires_Addiction