Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Display of Power

Kailli’s POV

We had moved again, nearer to the site we were to sign the treaty at.

Kale’s father still hadn’t told me of his decision and Kale was still getting ready to go and sign it himself.

With only a few days until the negotiations for the treaty would start I decided to take matters into my own hands.

“Kale can I talk to you?” I asked as we sat in our tent alone, “Of course” he replied like it was obvious.

“I don’t think you should be the one to sign the treaty,” I confessed sitting cross legged on our bed.

“What do you mean? Who do you think should sign it?” he sounded very defensive as if I was taking one of his born rights away, and maybe I was.

“I think I should. After the news of the revolt I don’t think it would be safe to send you to sign it,” I tried to explain.

“No, no” he shook his head in disagreement. “You are not going among them especially if you think they’re dangerous.”

It was like he thought I was just some mere human and not a creature stronger than himself at my peek, which I had been all this week.

“They won’t hurt me I’m the reason for the treaty and if bodyguards are sent with me they can’t kidnap me… and I can’t run away” I listened to the argument going on in his head.

He still though I was going to run away at the first chance I get.

“No, it’s still too dangerous,” he thought I was weak and it was time that he realised I wasn’t, I was not going to put up with this.

I launched myself across the tent and pinned him to the ground growling in his face.

“Kale I am not weak! I am just as strong if not stronger than you” I could feel his bones want to transform under me but he was keeping that at bay.

It took a lot of strength for Kale not to morph into a wolf right under me, the hold I have over him must be stronger than I ever thought.

He lay under me for a while just staring at me. Half in fear and half in wonder realisation.

Before I could realise what he was doing he leant up and captured my lips in a kiss. I tore away from him my lips felt like they were on fire. It was worse than when he normally touched me.

“Sorry” he apologised as I hid in the far corner on the bed holding my cold hand to my lips. “It burns” I replied.

He thought I had tore away from him because I was repulsed, which I was but I didn’t really want him to know that, having to spend the rest of his life with him and all.

“So the treaty?” I brought back the previous conversation trying to over ride the sadness he was radiating.

“I’ll ask my father” his head was hung, “I’ve already talked to him about it but he hasn’t answered me” I told him.

He looked at me in shock confusion “You spoke to my father?” he kind of sounded betrayed and I guess I did betray him a little.

“Yes” I nodded my head and then he left our tent.

--

Kale’s POV

She spoke to my father without telling me.

She wanted to sign the treaty herself, I wonder why?

She probably wanted to be with her kind and maybe see the one she calls the name of in her sleep.

Donovan.

Night after night or I should say day after day now, she mumbles his name over and over again.

I know she’s trying and I love her even more for that but it breaks my heart each and every time she utters his name.

I know she doesn’t love me and sometimes I wish I didn’t love her but I do.

I love her no matter what her flaws. I love her to the end of the world unconditionally and forever.

I still haven’t told her that wolves live double the normal human life expectancy but I guess that doesn’t matter when she really has forever.

It was light outside, which meant that she couldn’t come out of the tent.

I had gotten used to sleeping in the day as long as I was with her. I was glad she had gotten accustomed to my/our smell.

I thought it was strange how I couldn’t really smell her any differently to another wolf and yet everyone else said she was revolting and she said the same about me, well not in those words exactly.

Also the thing about my skin burning hers is strange. Her skin feels really cold to me but it doesn’t hurt and that kiss was far from it.

When I’m away from her I can think more clearly but when I’m with her nothing else matters, she’s my world.

Sometimes it’s good to be away from her and other’s not so much, especially when I’m too far away for too long, it really does hurt.

I curse myself for falling for someone so different; she’s not even the same species as I am.

I always thought that we as wolves fell for the one who would help further the lines of the wolves but she can’t even have children, so what’s the point?

I know everyone else is scared of her, they think she’s going to kill them but I still couldn’t persuade myself to say she’s a threat.

Even when she launched herself across the room at me and growled at me with her fangs bared, or even when I found her hunting.

Okay I was a little scared but that went away once she was normal again.

I just couldn’t think of her badly really, the rest of those bloodsuckers sure but she wasn’t one of them, not to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so sorry that i haven't updated, my computer got swamped with viruses and by swamped i mean 136 of them. I have it back now and i had everything backed up so i will try harder to update XD, thanks.