Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Whisper In The Wind

As we ran along, I began running through the plan in my head.

It had been decided, that since Emery was now dead, I would take over.

A mistake in my opinion.

But it was fine, they were all slightly scared of me I think, seeing as I did kill someone.

The only thing was, I didn’t feel the relief I thought I would feel.

I didn’t feel the sense of happiness, that finally Lilly was avenged.

Instead, instead I felt guilty.

It was eating away at me, I would constantly be staring off into space, replaying those last moments of his life, the look of confusion always behind my eye lids, when I shut my eyes.

We had decided , that we would still go ahead with the treaty, but rather than being honest and faithful, something our kind was not renowned for, we would kidnap who ever was sent to sign it, and hold them to ransom.

We would propose a simple swap.

Kailli for the wolf.

They would go for it, surely.

That way, she would have no choice about coming back.

She would have to.

The treaty signing would be taking place on the un-owned grounds, at the very edge of our territory.

It has been the signing place of many treaties through history.

Common ground, owned by no one, shared by all.

We were nearly there now, only about an hour away.

We would camp this side of the treaty clearing, the wolves the other.

I had already decided that during the night, I would sneak across, to see if I could see Kailli.

I can’t believe that she would stay there willingly.

They must have forced her to stay somehow.


***

One Hour Later:

Finally we were here, each of us tired.

I left them to set up camp, while I walked around the edge, carefully hiding in the shadows.

I didn’t want them to be able to smell me, and so I was trying to stand down-wind.

Slowly, I crept along the edge, dodging behind trees as the natural snapping of twigs echoed around me.

I can’t believe they really thought we would honestly sign a treaty that would agree to give the wolves no trouble in the next 100 years, when the treaty will be re-evaluated.

As if we would really do such a thing, I had seen first hand how horrific those creatures were.

And Kailli was stuck with them.

My heart twisted as I thought of the danger she could be in.

I finally made it to the edge of the wolves camp.

I could tell, because the smell was awful, my nose cringing and the smell actually making my eyes water.

It got worse as I got nearer.

Eventually I could see through the bushes, looking out, through the branches, I could see about 6 tents, no wolves were near.

But then I heard light footsteps, and saw a familiar person walk out of one of the tents, and head slightly towards me.

My breath caught in my throat and my heart beat accelerated.

My breathing was becoming erratic.

Kailli.

I couldn’t believe it, it was her.

I hadn’t seen her in about a week.

She looked distant.

I stepped forward, to get closer to her, but my foot snapped something.

Instantly she froze, her head swirling around to meet me.

Her hair flying in the light wind.

She stared at me, but not at me.

She was searching, searching for the source of the noise.

She began walking towards me.

Finally she made it to the bush where I was hiding.

But…There was no one there.

I was already gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Update :)
Comments are wonderful :)
Hope you like this :)