Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Won't Believe It

I can’t believe it.

I won’t believe it.

She can’t have done.

Not her.

Anyone but her.

I saw Emery, leaning over Lilly’s body.

I saw him smile, his fangs out and ready.

I killed him for it.

But it wasn’t him.

Maybe I knew all along, maybe that was why I felt so guilty after killing him.

Maybe somewhere inside me, I knew it was her…

Who am I kidding?

I was sure is was him, for the past God knows how long, she has had me completely fooled.

Each day she has watched me mourn over Lilly, she has even comforted me on occasion.

And it was her.

It was her that brought me that much pain.

Well now I would do the same to her.

We were circling each other, her precious wolf outside the tent, scratching and howling, trying to get in.

Stupid animal, If only he morphed into human form, then he could walk in.

I suppressed a laugh as I heard him howl in frustration.

Stupid Mutt.

Kailli hissed at me, her eyes blaring red.

How different I saw her now.

She wasn’t the elegant, strong, beautiful woman I once saw.

Instead she was a murderous monster.

Just like me.

I jumped at her, tackling her to the ground, my right arm was badly injured, where I had been bitten by her, but I was still strong.

She seemed different, her strength was more than normal, and I began to wonder if maybe she had been feeding off of that wolf.

I shuddered at the thought, and in my momentary lack of concentration, she smacked me across the face, and I rolled, cradling my face, along the blood stained floor.

Coming to a stop, next to the beaten body of Tailor.

I uttered a silent prayer for his soul as I stood.
How could she have killed them?

Her own kind?

How could she kill me?

The man, who, although she killed his love, still wants her.

She began circling me, hissing and lunging playfully.

She was playing with me, knowing full well that she was strongest.

I was about to strike her, when her wolf, unfortunately broke through the tent.

If he hadn’t arrived, maybe I would have been able to talk to Kailli.

Beg her to come back with me.

The wolf jumped back up to his feet, having done a roll across the floor.

He automatically took her side, standing protectively in front of Kailli.

I snarled at him, and tried to make eye contact with Kailli.

Just one minute was all I wanted, maybe I could calm her down.

But as she jumped past the wolf, back into my fight line, I knew I would have no chance.

I would kill that wolf, and then I would shred his dead body.

I promised myself.

She hissed and jumped, but I moved and she went flying out the hole the wolf had made.

I heard her grunt and curse as she tumbled along the ground.

I kept my attention on the wolf, not trusting him, hoping that I would get a few seconds to finish off this wolf, before Kailli came back.

I knew I was stronger than this wolf, a lot stronger.

He had no chance.

I took my final breath, hissing at him viscously, before launching myself at the unsuspecting wolf, who was staring behind me at something, his eyes wide in shock.

And as I flew threw the air towards him, my nails and fangs outstretched, my body angled for his throat.

I could have sworn I saw something move, out of the corner of my eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
We are hoping to be updating more often now...but I forgot...so sorry!
Hope you liked this :)