Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Dead.

Kale’s POV

The tent door was shut and I was in wolf form.

I was too mad to be able to clam down to morph back so I had to scratch at the doors until I broke through.

Before I did I could hear hissing and growling and a lot of movement in the tent, I could only hope that Kailli was okay.

I rolled across the floor of the tent and before he could attack me I was on my feet and positioned protecting Kailli.

She didn’t seem hurt and for a second I was ready to protect her before she jumped out from behind me and ready to fight with Donovan again.

She was so graceful and lithe, she was beautiful to watch but I wasn’t here to watch her I was here to kill the bloodsucker, him of course never her.

She hissed and jumped at him and then before my eyes she was out the hole in the tent I had made.

I stared after her confused on how it happened, she would be safer outside anyway now I could kill Donovan myself.

I hadn’t stopped staring at Kailli as I heard a hiss. She was coming at me faster than I had ever seen.

I turned my attention to the flying figure in front of me. He was going for the kill and there was nothing I could do about it.

So many things were running through my mind, if only I could react as fast as I could think.

I saw her face.

Concerned, worried she was looking at me with pleading eyes.

Everything was moving so slowly but she was moving at a regular pace.

A whisper caught on the wind reached my ears, ‘No’ before everything righted itself.

Now it felt like everything was going twice the speed but I knew it wasn’t.

I fell backwards a body falling with me too.

“No!” this time it was a rough, dark voice that shouted out.

I looked to the body atop of me, it was her.

“Kailli” I sat up pushing her up gently too.

As I turned her head towards me I saw a huge gash in her throat.

She looked at me with sad eyes; there was still a little life left in her body.

“Bye” she mouthed but the word never left the confides of her mouth and then she closed her eyes.

Donovan was tearing at his own hair and shouting at himself while crouched on the floor.

I sat with her bloody body in my arms.

Donovan still had her blood all over his face, I could see him lick some of her blood off his lips while he rambled.

The sight of him made me sick.

He killed her!

I got up without a look or a word to him and left with her body.

I had to cover her body from the sun so she wouldn’t turn to dust on me, this way Donovan won’t be able to follow.

I went back to my, our people since hers had betrayed her.

I told my father what had happened before I ran as fast as I could away from the camp, her in my arms.

She deserved a proper burial but I could never give that to her but I could take her away from everything that ever hurt her.

I found the perfect place.

A small waterfall in the middle of the woods, covered in moss. Deer drank by the waterside.

I smiled as I saw them, it reminded me of the day I found her crouched drinking from one.

To be buried in the ground was so not the fate I envisioned for her.

This place was perfect because behind the waterfall there was a tiny little cave, room enough to safely lay her body.

No light passed through the falls so her body would be safe.

I sat after cleaning her off just watching her. I could almost pretend that she was just sleeping.

She never moved and hardly looked like she was breathing when she did but I knew she wasn’t.

I had seen the blood and saw as her lips tried to speak her last word, there was no denying she was dead.

I left with a kiss to her forehead and a promise of revenge.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my god look a quick update, it's the foretelling of things to come XD
I bet you are all wonder what is going to happen now hey?
So who in tears with this new revelation? Any happy people out there now that Kailli is dead?
Comments are much loved though for pervious lack of updates i could see why you wouldn't want to, back to my assignment now XD