Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

It Would Appear

Donovan's P.O.V.

I stormed through the door, the heavy doors hitting the wall and bouncing back.

I walked forwards, to where Emery sat at the head of the table, as though he were King.

His right hand, Kailli sat next to him,

I never understood what she saw in such a man.

Such a monster.

I walked up to the table, catching Kailli’s eye, my mood softening slightly, a small smile creeping onto my lips, before I turned to Emery, my face hard like stone.

I bowed slightly, before taking a seat to his left.

He had been talking to a man, who stood by his ear talking privately.

The man was excused and he quickly ran from the room.

Emery turned to me, his cold, black eyes regarding me, his short brown hair, shaking slightly, as he ran his hand through it.

“Hello Donovan.” His soft voice, purred from his lips, like a tigers roar.

He stood up and began pacing around the room, his coat flying out behind him as he moved swiftly.

He was constantly running his hand through his hair, and his usual calm face, showed signs of worry.

He was normally a very well kept man, he would never let emotion show, he saw it as a weakness.

But today he looked worn.

What was wrong with him?

I slid my eyesight across to Kailli, who was watching him, obviously confused about his behaviour, like I was.

She caught my eye line, and shrugged as if to confirm she didn’t know what was going on.

I turned my attention back to Emery, who was still pacing around the room.

Did he know?

Had he found out?

Was I brought here to be eliminated, because he somehow knows that I will, as soon as I get my chance, kill him?

Oh God, he must know.

Why else would he be so….stressed.

Such emotion he was showing, which is very unlike him.

He is going to kill me.

I’m going to die.

He’s found out, I’m going to die.

I thought I had been so careful, I haven’t ever spoken about it.

How did he find out?

Still he paced around the room.

I became more and more anxious.

Should I try and run away?

Should I put up a fight?

Should I accept my fate, and let him kill me quickly?

He stopped pacing and turned to look over at me, “It would appear we have a problem, Donovan…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like this :)
More chapters coming tomorrow :)