Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Like A Flood, I Remembered

Kailli’s POV

Curiosity.

It’s a peculiar thing.

A thing that almost has the same power as my hunger does over me.

I had been awoken three years ago with no memory of my pervious life.

I don’t know if that was a good thing or not but now as I stand here I’m beginning to think it was good for me but not the people that may have been in it.

I stood in a field of clear land.

To my left was a group of beings like me and to my right were a group of wolves.

This I heard was the last stand in the war.

For the three years I had been awake I had stayed with Mikhail, he was trying to help me.

Trying to get my memory back nothing really helped.

I didn’t even remember my own name, he called me Rose as that was found at my feet.

Mikhail found me in a cave behind a waterfall, he said that someone who loved me must have put me there because it was so beautiful.

I tried to remember anyone like that but came to a blank.

While trying to get my memory back Mikhail kept me away from the war that was happening, the war between my kind and the werewolves.

One night when we were hunting Mikhail warned me that we were close to one of the vampire war camps.

My curiosity overtook me being this close and I crept to the edges of their camp.

What I saw there was alarming to say the least.

-flashback-

I stood at the gates of the camp watching and listening.

“She’s dead Donovan. Dead. She isn’t coming back. Sacrificing our men, our brothers, our children, for her dead body is not going to bring her back. Would you force your men to suffer the same loss as you, just to reclaim her body?” a man yelled at another.

I did not hear the answer of the other man, Donovan, as it was to quiet.

The other did not stop yelling as Donovan walked out of the tent

“Then on your own head be it. You have a fiancé. You are due to marry tomorrow, and yet you still continue to lust after a dead woman! A woman who in her life, did nothing to help others, except to save the life of a mutt. The same woman who betrayed our kind, betrayed you for our enemies!”

This woman seemed important to this Donovan but I agreed with the other man.

If she betrayed them then why was he fighting for her?

“The woman, who never loved you!” the other man screamed his last words before Donovan shot him down.

I was surprised that the man, Donovan, would do such a thing.

I couldn’t actually see their faces or body’s just their silhouettes, that is until Donovan came closer.

I went to move but then caught his face, it seemed familiar, homely.

It made me sad, happy, protective, angry, all the emotions I had grown accustomed but one that I hadn’t, one that filled my chest with warmth and made my eyes water.

I had never met this man, I though, but something about him made me think I had.

He was pointing a gun at me but then lowered it looking surprised and whispering something.

He started racing towards me and for a second looked away, I took my chance and fled.

I didn’t know if this Donovan was dangerous to me, I knew he was dangerous, he had shot one of his own men down.

I had to get away.

--

I went back to Mikhail, told him what had happened he seemed very interested.

I slept, or tried.

I kept having horrible nightmares of two men, or rather one man and a wolf.

One man was the Donovan I had seen but the wolf I did not know.

I was standing, no lying, on the ground outside a tent looking in.

Donovan was lunging for the wolf’s throat and I had to save that wolf, for some reason.

I moved faster than I had ever before and threw myself between the two rivals sacrificing myself.

I felt my throat torn open with teeth and then I fell.

That's when I woke up. I had that dream three times in that day and kept waking at the same moment.

Now I stood in a field of clear land.

To my left was a group of beings like me and to my right were a group of wolves.

This I heard was the last stand in the war.

Donovan and another man stood in the middle of the clearing, both of them familiar to me somehow.

They were talking, discussing something.

I had no idea what I was doing here or what I was trying to achieve coming here, it was curiosities fault.

As I looked to the wolves with the man in front it felt like I was being hit with a tree, I fell to my knees.

There was a circle of them right in front of me, I glanced towards the sun and saw it wasn’t quite up yet.

I slid between the wolves many of them jumping back away from me and stood next to Kale.

“Release him.” Kale spoke up and that when I saw the convulsing burning body of Donovan.

He was dying, again and his eyes were glued to me.

Howls erupted from around me, I ran from them and into the trees.

I couldn’t stand the howling and I couldn’t stand the smell of Donovan’s burning flesh.

I stood watching as he fell against a tree and then a wolf told him he was free.

Free to leave and go back to his camp, where I would never go again.

He walked towards me now, his skin was scarred and it didn’t look like it was healing very fast.

He looked as strong as I was now.

“Come on, let’s go.” He whispered to me, I wanted to go with him so much but I knew I couldn’t, not now.

I didn’t die, I saw her, she could be mine…

I wanted to be his too, more than ever, now that I realised it.

All it took was seeing him being ripped apart by a pack of wolves.

“I can’t.” I whispered in reply, I didn’t trust my voice with anything else.

My chest felt heavy but empty.

He wasn’t letting her leave.

I’ll kill him.


It was and wasn’t Kale’s fault.

Yes he wasn’t really going to let me leave but I could have tried, now there was no option.

I traded in my life with vampires for his life.


I screamed it was too much for my head.

I had no control over any of it, it felt like it was burning itself through my brain.

Then like an eruption I heard voices all around me, voice that didn’t seem spoke like in the memory I just had.

It was horrible.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's taken me a while to update, i didn't see that there was a page 2 of chapters, opps XD