Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Impossibility Never Was So Loved

He chose to fight, that stupid Mutt.

Now he would die for his mistakes and for his ignorance.

I stepped one foot forward, ready to initiate the advance, when a familiar scream tore through my ears.

The howling of the small wolves, as they readied for battle silenced, the hiss’ from my men ended.

We all turned our head in the direction of the scream.

There was movement, frantic movement in the forest, it can’t be from Kale’s wolves, wolves don’t scream.

And then she appeared, and for a second, I really thought I was dreaming.

I thought, maybe while I wasn’t watching, Kale had killed me.

Was that scream mine?

Because, this can’t be real.

She can’t be real.

It’s not possible.

She stumbled along, clutching her head, shaking it side to side, practically ripping her hair out.

It can’t be her.

It can’t be.

She fell to her knees on the ground, curling into a ball as more screams tore from her chest.

I turned and looked around, everyone was watching her.

So she must be there.

I looked over to Kale, who stood watching her, his eyes wide and brimming with tears, his knees shaking uncontrollably.

I quickly looked back to her, as her screams silenced.

She slowly made her way up to her feet.

She stood, facing the ground, swaying slightly, before once more falling to the ground.

I could hear the whispers of my men, whispering her name, so that It danced on the wind.

She eventually, sat on the ground, and slowly looked up.

Big, rolling tears stained her face, her eyes watery, scared and confused.

She clutched at her throat and I winced as I knew why.

I could still see the faint outline.

How could this be possible?

She then, looked up at me, our eyes meeting for the first time in 13 years.

My heart skipped lots and lots of beats, and I went running over.

I skidded along the ground on my knees, next to her and pulled her into my arms.

I held her head to my chest, rocking her back and forth as she cried.

I had never seen her so weak.

I had never loved her more.

She pulled back a bit, and I loosened my grip on her, my arms still holding her close, as she looked up at me, those beautiful round eyes staring into my own.

“D-Donovan..?” She whispered, her voice filling my ears like music.

Oh how I missed that music.

I nodded, trying to hold back the tears, that just kept flowing.

“Kailli, I love you.” I whispered.

In case she suddenly disappeared, she needed to know.

She tried a weak smile, but it was forced.

She threw herself at me, wrapping her arms around me, as I did once more around her, her scent filling my nose.

“I love you.” She whispered back.

And that’s when the pain filled howl echoed around the clearing, and I slowly turned my head, to see a broken wolf, disappearing into the forest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like...we're near the end.
Comments would be loved though :)