Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Belonging

Donovan’s P.O.V

I turned my head back to Kailli, taking in her breath taking eyes, her face.

Basically, just all of her.

I smiled as she nestled her head into the crook of my neck, like she belonged in my arms.

I looked up at the sky, the dawn threatening to come soon, quite how long we had been sat here for, I don’t know.

I looked over to where my men were stood, the numbers had dwindled, but they stood watching us, respectfully.

The same was with the wolves, but many had run off to hunt for Kale.

I felt bad for him, slightly.

But he didn’t deserve her.

I wasn’t even convinced I did.

I had nearly killed her once.

I looked down at her again, kissing the top of her head, gently.

I slowly loosened one of my arms around her, brining it up to my chest, and pulling out the necklace which I wore.

No one had seen this before, and I hadn’t wanted them to.

Not even Lilly.

It was the engagement rings of my grandparents.

They had been left to me, when they passed away.

I smiled, as I undid the tied knot, in the leather strap they hung from, slipping the ring onto my one hand, using my teeth to help.

“Kailli.” I whispered gently.

She grunted slightly, but pulled away from me and looked up, her eyes sparkling with new knowledge and unshed tears.

“Yes Donovan.”

“Will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like...