Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Pest Problem

Kailli’s POV

After Donovan had sat down and the man whispering a warning into Emery’s ear disappeared he started pacing the room.

I could hear the dilemma that was going through his head.

This can’t be.

No this can’t be happening,

I killed them all!


Werewolves had been sighted along the borders of our territory.

Our mortal enemies, always have been, always will be.

Emery had tried killing them all off about 100 years ago but they seemed to resurface now and again.

Werewolves were also his worst fear, not only because they were our mortal enemies,

Also because he had nearly been killed those 100 years ago by one of them.

Emery was going to trust Donovan with the task to eliminate this threat.

At the moment Donovan was thinking the worst,

I’m going to die.

He’s found out, I’m going to die.

I thought I had been so careful, I haven’t ever spoken about it.

How did he find out?


He thought that Emery had found out why he was really here, to avenge his Lilly.

No one knew about that but me and I was just waiting for him to actually do something about it.

You see being able to read minds is useful, especially when no one else knows about it.

Emery stopped his pacing and turned to Donovan,

“It would appear we have a problem, Donovan…” he paused taking a deep breath before saying his next words.

“There have been sightings of large packs of werewolves on our outer borders. I would like you to be in charge of remedying this situation”

He hissed the last word trying so hard not to let anyone see how angry he was at it.

I had always been interested in werewolves but had never actually seen one up close.

I had seen them in Emery’s mind,

These great big wolf like creature that amounted to nearly twice my size.

Emery thought of them as pure monsters,

I on the other hand wanted to come to that conclusion myself.

“Emery I would like to go with him” I spoke halting his pacing once again as he thought about whom to send with Donovan.

His eyes shot to me with alarm,

“No” his voice was harsh and irrational though no one else would have thought that but me.

Not her, anyone but her.

What if she dies? I wouldn’t be able to handle that.

My second in command, my right hand woman, my companion and more…

If she were to die it would be a mess.


He started pacing again and rationality started to sink in,

She knows the forces the best though.

She practically hand picked each of them and watched them train.

I either have to give a good reason or change my mind,

If I don’t she’ll be seen as my weakness and she is surely not!

No, not at all…


“Yes actually I think that would be a good idea, you know our forces the best”

All personal thoughts had been pushed to the back of his head and he was thinking about it logically.

Donovan on the other hand was as happy as could be to have me coming along with him.

Working with Kailli away from Emery,

I like that idea, maybe I can get to know her properly…


I sure had gotten myself into a right mess with these two.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought i would update now since i'm going away for a week. Vampire's_Addiction will be updating for me so there's no problem XD
Have fun all and the both of us really like comments