Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Maybe Now

We ran through the forest, all of us moving silently.

Kailli running at my side, we were due to arrive near the werewolves soon.

I could already smell them.

It had only been a short run for us, about 2 hours, our outer borders were only about, 100 miles away.
(That makes their average speed 50 miles? Is that ok?)

We finally got close enough, for the hairs on my skin to stand on end.

I put my hand up in the air, signalling for everyone to stop running.

We all came to a silent stop, looking around in the dense forest we had been running through.

We each spread out, the men already had their orders, they were to split up and spread out, circling around them if possible.

I would have preferred to have a peaceful outcome to this.

But of course Emery wanted them dead.

I never did understand why he hated werewolves so much.

I mean sure, they have been a nuisance to our race, but they only appear occasionally.

He is more of a monster than they are.

There must be something more to it…


I looked over to Kailli, who was watching me, her head tipped to the side.

I smiled, my heart leaping as the possibilities of why she was looking at me, raced through my mind.

I hated the way my heart leaped like that, when she was around.

My mind always punishing me with one word.

One word, that could control even the most….graphic of thoughts.

Lilly.

I felt my blood boil, just at the thought of her dying.

Her cold, dead body at his feet.

He would pay soon.

I would find a weakness and expose it, using it to my advantage.

A man came running to my side, and began detailing the werewolves set up.

They had four tent type shelters, four guards on the South and North borders, three on the East and West.

There were about 30 of them in total.

Quite a large pack.

And apparently, there were conversations involving strategies, and mentions of Emery.

It would seem that the pack leader knew Emery.

Personally.

Maybe, maybe now was my chance to find out why Emery hated werewolves so much…
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhh I forgot to update yesturday! So there will be another update later on :)
This story was written by Hopeless Heart and Myself, 'Vampire's Addiction' and this chapter was by me :)
Next is a chapter by Hopeless Heart:)
Comments are loved....