Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Dead-To-Be-Fiance

Kailli’s POV

It only took us two hours to reach the wolves’ encampment.

Donovan was of course in charge and I was his second in charge, I didn’t really like this.

I liked being only second to Emery but he insisted that Donovan deal to the problem.

It was just because he didn’t want me getting hurt or dying, really I wouldn’t mind either as long as I was fighting.

As we ran Donovan continuously though over why Emery hated them so much.

I never did understand why he hated werewolves so much.

I mean sure, they have been a nuisance to our race, but they only appear occasionally.

He is more of a monster than they are.

There must be something more to it…


I had my head tilted looking at him while he thought.

His thoughts were also so interesting, they weren’t ruled by Emery.

Everyone else always agreed with Emery, never questioned him so gave his orders second thoughts, except Donovan,

There was a reason for this…

Lilly.

The memory of his dead-to-be-fiancé, she wouldn’t leave him alone but I was okay with that.

It kept him at bay and kept him on our side until he killed Emery, which wasn’t going to happen.

Donovan is a major attribute to our little coven, even if he’s only here to kill Emery,

He will never get the chance to of course, I won’t let him get that far just let him think he can.

I stood listening as Tailor, our scout, described the wolves’ camp,

It also seemed that the wolves were planning something against Emery so they would know that we were here soon enough.

I noted many things as Tailor was talking.

The wolves seem very similar to us, except that they are wolves not vampires.

They kill and eat, just animals not humans, and they eat raw meat not drink blood, so their diets different.

This seems to be the problem between us.

We drink from people and they seem to like people a lot, don’t know why really.

I mean, I don’t hate or despise people quiet the opposite, I feel sorry for them.

Their life is so short and boring and they’re so ordinary, I couldn’t stand it.

I really can’t believe I was human once upon a time, that was a long time ago though, about 200 or so years and yet I hadn’t meet a wolf.

We camped far enough away so we couldn’t smell the wolves anymore but we could still see them.

We were up on a high ridge where there was a cave and thick forest, just encase we were still here when the sun came up.

I perched high on the rocks of the cliff and watched them.

I must say they weren’t monsters like Emery thought they were rather beautiful.

They had two forms, one of a human like us and the other a wolf, of course.

Their wolf forms were about twice the size of a normal wolf and much more muscular.

Even though they were so big they were so graceful and looked peaceful.

I really couldn’t see the monster under all their fur, which looked so soft.

They were deceiving which was dangerous,

I jumped off the cliff and landed softly on the ground ten feet below me where Donovan was waiting.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is written by Hopeless Heart, who's away at the moment!!
So I'm updating for her (Vampire's_Addiction)
Comments are loved :P