Love as Bitter as It Ever Was

Then The World Went Black

Kailli’s POV

“Kailli, I have a job for you.” Donovan told me after I landed.

He was strategising, something he was very good at.

Donovan put his personal thoughts second when he was unlike Emery, mostly.

He was sending me to take a better look at the wolves as far as I gathered.

He knew it was going to be dangerous but he also knew if he sent someone else they would get caught.

I was the best there was so it was up to me.

He led me down the ledge to where I was to enter.

I could smell them, I must say I hated their scent it was revolting,

If I had to hate them for anything it would be their scent.

“If you enter here, they shouldn’t see you. You have two hours, after that we will come and look for you, if you haven’t returned.”

Two hours would be plenty and there was no chance in hell that I was going to be captured.

He wished me good luck as I did up my cloak, I didn’t need luck it was all about skill.

“Luck is for those who need it,” he laughed and then he did something unexpected, I didn’t even see it coming.

He leaned in and kissed my cheek, I felt his soft lips graze my skin making my breath catch.

This was not the situation I wanted to be in so before he had pulled away I disappeared into the woods.

I pushed all the thoughts that had arose from his kiss to the back of my head.

No matter how hard I tried they slipped to the front and also exactly why I was being sent out here.

I thought about it more.

We had already sent Tailor our best scout to check them out and we knew there whole set up.

So what was I doing?

I was looking, watching, but why?

I decided I would just watch and take note of everything in their camp.

Note for Donovan and myself.

I wanted to know more about them so this was my chance; I could get up close but not so much personal.

After an hour I crouched in the bush very close to the main fire and watched one lone wolf.

He was in his human form.

He had dark brownish red hair that was cut short.

His shoulders were hunched and his head resting on his hands, he looked tired.

He was very slender and yet muscular, he could also be mistake for one of my kind especially since he had very pale skin.

I kept absolutely still as he stood up and looked into the fire before going to turn away.

His eyes were astonishing; they were a deep set blue.

I could not see how his kind could be seen as monsters.

As he was about to walk away he stopped in his tracks and lifted his head to the sky.

He started to turn and look around confused but I didn’t stay to watch I moved position to the other side of their camp.

I was in a tree by their tents now.

The same wolf as I had seen by the fire was walking towards the tents now.

As he got to the mouth of the tent closest he stopped again and looked right in my direction.

He didn’t look alarmed or frightened, just curious.

He walked slowly forward and I knew he was too close for me to escape; this wasn’t good.

He was standing right under the tree I was in now.

“Hello?” he whispered searching around him.

I was thoroughly confused now.

Why was he standing there if he thought someone was hiding in the dark?

He was so close now that the smell was so awful!

“Is anyone there?” he asked quietly again, I didn’t know what to do.

That’s when he looked right up at me and into my eyes.

The impact of his eyes paralysing me.

“What are you doing up there?” he asked still unaware of what I was, maybe I didn’t smell as bad as he smelt to me.

“Come down” he offered, I saw this as my only escape.

He didn’t know who I was so I gracefully fell from the tree and landed like a cat on the balls of my feet.

“What were you doing up there?” he asked, he still hadn’t figured what I was.

“Watching” I replied as sweetly as possible without showing my fangs.

“Are you lost?” he looked worried, there was no way he knew what I was.

“Yes, a little” I acted it up hanging my head.

“Well I’ll happily help you with absolutely anything” his voice was so genuine I had to know what was going through his mind.

This must be what it’s like, this pull.

All the others have described it as an instinct,

To want to do anything at all for her, to want to protect her with your life, to keep her close at heart.

I stopped there scared to find out what he really meant.

“I have to go…” I trailed off catching a glimpse of someone coming out of a close by tent.

His head spun in my direction and his eyes locked with mine.

“No don’t go” the boy pleaded and grabbed my wrist. I tried to yank it away not guessing how strong he was.

I hissed at him baring my fangs and then managed to pull my wrist away just as the wolf that had seen me transformed and howled.

I ran as fast as I could away and I thought I had gotten away…

I fell…

Something was on my ankle…

The world went black…
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are loved:)
Hope you like :)
Written by Hopeless Heart