Purity

Peeper

It must have been nearly midnight. Outside of a large building under a tree a police officer stood. He was speaking to two women, questioning them.

"So, miss Knight, miss Perez, do you have any idea who this man may have been?" The police officer, holding a clipboard ready to take notes, asked.

"No," they both answered simultaneously.

"Have either of you noticed anything strange? Break ins, things missing, anything threatening at all?"

The shorter woman with the shorter dark hair answered right away, "No," but the other one, this one with long dark hair, stayed silent.

"Miss Knight?" The officer pressed.

"On Valentines Day, I got a really weird, anonymous valentine," she poked her head trying to remember. "Damn, I don't know... I have it in my house if you want me to get it."

"That would be helpful," the Officer nodded.

"Okay, I will be right back," Purity walked quickly into the apartment building and returned a few moments later with a crinkled pink paper in her hands.

"I knew I should have kept this," she said, unfolding the paper.

"Can I see it?" the Officer asked. Purity nodded and handed over the heart.

The creepy valentine read in scrawled black handwriting:

Hi cutie,
will you be my valentine?
I promise to watch over you.
I promise to provide all you seek.
I know what you're running from, and the sin your pretty red lace heart hides...
I can see it all, night and day.
I can see you.
And I see you need me, even though you may not know it.
I am here to help you discover your true self.
I am here to help you learn to weep.
Will you be my Valentine?
Why not? Don't you want to play?

"Any idea who might have written it?" the Officer asked as he re-folded the paper and put it in a baggie. "Evidence," he explained in one word.

"No. But, I used to get really strange calls," Purity said quietly.

"Do you think those are related to this?" he questioned.

"Probably," Purity shrugged.

"Well," the Officer turned and started walking back to his car. "If anything else happens, you know what to do. And dont worry, well find this guy." He got into his car and drove away.

The shorter one of the two girls, Lee Perez, turned away from watching the road and took her friends hand. "That was creepy, but dont worry about it. Lets go inside."

"Yeah, okay," Purity muttered.

"Hey," a voice said loudly from out of a second story window. "Are you girls okay?" It was Johnny McPhail, the neighbor who spotted the peeper.

Lee waved, "Yes, were fine, thank you!"

"Good, have a nice night girls," Johnny pulled his head back inside.

Lee grabbed her friends hand again, "We need some rest," she said and pulled on Purity's arm. "Lets go, Purity."

Purity stayed silent.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was all supposed to be one short story... But its waaay too long to make one big chapter. Plus, more chapters look cooler =) so i decided that i break it up instead! and another thing... it says im not following guidelines.... but i cant find what it is I need to fix... I read all the guidelines, really, and made all the adjustments. idk, i hope i fixed it so this isnt one big waste of time....

this is based off of a slipknot song. and all the "facts" in the story are off of this murder mystery solving website where the purity case is from.