Purity

Despise

Purity woke up with a start. It was freezing and she drew the thin blanket and sheet closer to her chest. "Is that where I'm going? Hell?" She croaked. That dream brought back memories of the church she grew up in, The Church of Christ The Avenger.

"After spending my whole childhood in that church I'm going to Hell?" She sobbed.

"Purity?" The familiar unsure voice rang in her ears.

"Dylan?" Purity looked through the grill. It was night now so all she saw was the young boys face silhouetted against the night sky.

"I'm sorry," he sobbed. "I ran away, that man found me and said he would hurt m-me." He sobbed louder. "I can't help you do anything, he said he'd kill me and my family, bury us right next to y-you...."

"No, please Dylan, I need you. Please just tell someone, anyone, don't leave me in here." Purity cried.

"I'm s-so s-sorry," he stuttered as he left her.

"Dylan!" Purity shrieked after him. "Dylaaaaaaan!" She shook the grill violently. "Dylan! Don't leave me here!" She broke down and sobbed. Her head hurt, she pushed her fingers into her eyes, trying to stop the ache.

"You all stare, but you'll never see, there's something inside me," the monsters in her dream haunted her thoughts. It was as if they knew her position and were explaining it, trying to tell it to the whole world through music. "You all stare, but you'll never see, there's something in you I despise...."

They all hung their heads. After a few moments of subtle playing the singing monsters head snapped up. "Cut me! Show me! Enter! I am willing and able and never any danger to myself! Knowledge in my pain, knowledge in my pain, or was my tolerance a phase? Empathy, out of my way!" It moaned a few times then continued, screaming, "I cant die, I cant die, I cant die, I cant diiiiieeee!"