Sequel: Feathers On My Breath

'Til the Need Seeps In

duo.

He looked so angelic while he slept, his features soft and his hair ruffled. He shifted in his sleep and I frowned. His face scrunched up, he was waking up and he hated when I stared. I let my feet fall to the thick carpeted floor of our pent house and I left the room. I located our maid in the kitchen who was reading a magazine.

"Good Morning Cecilia.If you could start on breakfast while I'm in the shower, that would be lovely," I said to her.

The dark haired maid nodded and muttered a "Good Morning Misses" as she walked over to the refrigerator.

I walked into the bathroom and found my husband's clothing flung about everywhere. I frowned, he really had no respect for our maid. I picked up his clothes and put them in the hamper and did my business. When I came out of the shower the smell of breakfast hung thick in the air. If my husband wasn't awake yet, the smell would rouse him.

Cecilia whipped up more batter as the ever growing array of food sat steaming on the dining room table. Cecilia handed me the morning paper and I put it aside for my husband to read when he got up.

"You don't want to read the paper Missus?" Cecilia asked.

"Not this morning. Let's talk"

She nodded and smiled at me as I ate slowly.

"How's your family? Is the pay enough?" I asked.

"More than enough Missus. I can buy them the things they want now. Thank you," She said, grinning from ear to ear.

"I'm glad to hear that. They're good kids and you're a good woman"

Cecilia was older than me only by a few years. I was a ripe young age of twenty and married for two years. I loved Adam by all means, but he didn't seem to fill the role of loving me back. I didn't mind much because he was always with me no matter what. He was always faithful and never once had he wavered from my love. He was often angry with me, but we were cordial.

The water in the bathroom started to run and my heart started to beat faster. Soon, he came out and grunted a greeting at us.

"Good morning Adam!" I said brightly.

"Good morning, sir" Cecilia greeted as well.

Adam kissed my cheek with a stony face and I smiled. He sat down and unfolded the newspaper. He pulled out the crossword and Sudoku and I thanked him, happy that he remembered that I liked the crossword.

"Are you working from home today? Or at the office?" I asked.

"Home office"

"Cecilia? Do we have any events tonight?"

Cecilia flipped my little black planner open and nodded.

"Children's Cancer Research is holding a charity event. You wanted to show up"

"Do you want to come Adam?" I asked.

"Holly, I don't have time. The company needs me to do a conference with our over seas partners"

"What time is the conference?" I asked, in vain.

"It's at ten," He said, getting annoyed.

"Well how long is it going to take? The event isn't on until later in the afternoon right Ceci?" I asked, she nodded.

"I don't know! It could take hours! So don't come knocking at my door! I'll come get whatever I need okay?!" Adam said, raising his voice.

Ceci frowned and I continued to eat my food, scribbling the answers into the boxes provided for the crossword puzzle.