Status: Okay, so I have the outline written out, all I have to do is type it up :)

Tonight

"Who the *** is Miley?"

Really bad techo music pounded it's way around the Forever 21, giving me the beginnings of a headache. Demi was the absolute worse person to shop with, given that she got distracted easily. But she's family so it's cool.

"You know," Demi started, picking up a dark purple blouse and holding it up to her. She looked over at the mirror and cocked her head to the side, mumbling about how she loved the shirt. Demi often got sidetracked like this when she went shopping so I just laughed and said, "Yeah?"
"Oh, right!" She snapped out of her trance and turned to me, "I never thought that I would ever see you date again."
I winced at the word date. It held many bad connotations along with it; with anger, weakness, and violence to name a few. But I would rather not talk about that at this point.
"I wouldn't say that we were dating, Dems." I replied, pushing my hair out of my face. I would have to get it cut soon, "Maybe...we're just exclusive right now."
Demi made a face at me and threw the shirt over her shoulder. Apparently it met her standards.

"So, are you going to Joe's halloween party?" Demi asked, changing the subject, much to my delight. I shrugged and started looking through a rack of dresses.
"I wasn't aware that Joe was having a halloween party. So I guess that's a no." I replied, picking up a cute green dress. The thought of how Nick's dark eyes would smoulder when he saw me in it flashed through my head, but it left as quickly as it came. That's it; I was buying it.
"And plus, I wasn't really invited." I added, "So I wouldn't know that many people there." Demi scoffed.
"You're Nick Jonas' new girlfriend, Mel." She said with a roll of her eyes, "It doesn't matter who you know."
I was going to bring up how I didn't want to be known as just Nick's new, older girlfriend, but I bit my tongue. I mean, I guess it's inevitable since he's so well known and I'm so not.

All of a sudden, Demi burst out into a fit of giggles. I, of course, looked at her like she was deranged.
"What's so funny?" I asked.
"Miley is going to be so pissed at you." She grinned, pointing at me playfully. I just frowned.
"Who the fuck is Miley?" I made a face. What kind of fucking name is Miley anyway?
Demi paused a bit before laughing again.
"You know, Miley." She grinned, "But you know her as Hannah Montana."
As soon as she said those words my face formed into a quick expression of horror. Then I scoffed.
"And why is Hannah Shit-tana going to be pissed at me?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. Demi's eyes travled down to the dress I picked up and she squealed.
"Ohmigosh this is so cute!" She grinned, "You got it from this rack? Yay! They have it in pink!" I shook my head in amusement and snapped my fingers in front of her face.
"Focus, Dems." I said.
"Oh. Sorry." She smiled sheepishly, "But, yeah, Miley is Nick's ex girlfriend. She's still like obsessed with him or something. It's pretty funny to watch. Really sad, but still completely hilarious." I blinked.
"So, what, is she going to sing me to death?" I asked with a smirk.

That girl could do or say whatever she wanted, but Nick was mine.

"How come you didn't tell me about your bat shit crazy ex?" I asked Nick as I was driving home. Yes, I talk and drive, and no, I don't care.
"Who? Miley?" He asked with a little laugh.
"Who else do you think?" I asked, keeping my eyes on the road.
"I didn't tell you about her because she doesn't matter." Nick replied, giving me the perfect answer, "Now get home and get dressed. I'm picking you up at 7 and we're going to dinner."
I grinned to myself.
"You're so demanding, Nicky. I love it." I said, biting my lip.
"I know." I could picture him smirking,

"Now get your ass home, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
Cute green dress
I know. I'm a dick. Who doesn't update.
But school has been hectic as hell with all my college apps and stuff.
But just know that this story is still going strong, even if I get side-tracked a bit.
Thank you for all the love you guys show me on the regular basis
It really makes me feel good knowing that ya'll love my story!

Melanie <3

(Don't kill me, Britt. I'll get your character in soon lol)