Learning to Fall

Someone Else's Life

Dreams are funny things. They can be sad. They can be happy. Some are even weird. But what if you were dreaming someone else’s memories that weren’t your own?

“Sara, will you marry me?” A guy asked me only it was not me. Where have I heard the name Sara before?

“Yes!” I spoke though the words were not mine as the guy in front of me slipped a ring onto my finger. The sun was shining bright on this sunny day. I couldn’t see the one who had proposed face, yet his voice seemed so familiar.

This was a happy memory. This was the start of a new beginning for Sara as her now fiancé had said. Then the fiancé kissed my lips and everything started to feel right only wrong because it was not my lips he was kissing. I was trapped in this Sara’s body or mind. I was to see something. This dream was to make me understand something that had me already confused.

The dream now switched to a few days later. Sara and her fiancé had gone out to visit friends to celebrate their engagement. It was getting late. As they left the restaurant, some thugs appeared from an alley and started to attack. I remember this dream now. I have had it before but this time something was different. Something was off. This was the part where I was supposed to learn something.

I wanted to scream and fight with them but I was powerless. All I could do was watch and listen. Sara’s fiancé was knocked down on the ground.

“Don’t you touch her! Run Sara!” Her fiancé yelled as she tried to get away.

“Let go of me!” Sara screamed as she tried to fight to get away.

“I don’t think so.” The man said.

No! This can’t be. These weren’t thugs at all. These were vampires and the one who had Sara was the same vampire I almost ran over as I saw clearly now.

“Fight and don’t give up!” I wanted to yell but I knew how this was going to end. I had seen it before in another dream.

I could feel Sara’s fear and see the fire in the vampire’s eyes. I heard his hideous laugh as I saw Sara’s fiancé struggling on the ground to break free. “Sara!” He yelled with pain in his voice.

The vampire pulled Sara’s neck to the side and I saw fangs slide out of his mouth. “I will let your boyfriend go if you come with me.” He said revealing more that I hadn’t seen.
Sara nodded her head. “No. No don’t!” Her fiancé cried.

“If you let him go,” she said, “I’m yours.” She said as she looked at her fiancé beaten on the ground. She locked her eyes onto his. Her fiancé’s face now became clear. It was the eyes of the one man who I trust with my life right now. They were the eyes of Martin.

The vampire snickered and carried her off quickly to an alley. He pushed Sara’s neck to the side and leaned in for the kill, biting her neck. I could feel her pain as he drained her life away and then made her drink his blood to become a vampire. Then he whispered in her ear, “Now I think I will have seconds with your boyfriend,” As he threw Sara’s body on the ground. A tear ran down her cheek as she breathed her last breath.

Now I understood who Sara was and how Martin knows her. They were to be married; a happy couple. This still leaves me with a few questions. One is what does Sara want with me? The other is now that I know their relationship and why Martin is guarded all the time where does that leave me?

“Martin.” I whispered as I felt my eyes start to flutter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating sooner. My work is closing and I am moving into a bigger new store. There is so much chaos going on with the move. I have been working anywhere between 50 to 55 hrs these past few weeks to close the old store and help prepare the new one that it leaves me exhausted. Will try to update again in a day or so.