Learning to Fall

Pizza And A Movie

I awoke with birds chirping outside my window. I must have fallen asleep at some point because it was after two p.m. as I rolled over to look at my alarm clock. After not being able to sleep and then worrying about Jeff's message, my body must have taken it upon itself to finally crash. The bad thing was I couldn't call Nonnie and tell her about Jeff's call because she was at work and I didn't want to worry her plus she also told me not to call during her date with Paul tonight.

I got up and gathered up what I wanted to wear today and decided to take a nice, hot shower. I needed to think about things too. I debated on whether or not I should tell Martin about what Jeff had said. If I keep doing what I have been doing which is not going out at night and always being with Martin when I am, then Jeff can't get to me other than leave me scary messages. So maybe I shouldn't tell Martin.

After the shower and grabbing a bite to eat, Martin called me. He wanted to come by tonight. According to him, he was bringing me food and a few movies for us to watch. I was starting to get the hang of this dating thing although at the back of my mind was my fear of Jeff and my cousin Sara who were still lingering out in the city. If Martin was always with me, yeah, I was kept safe, but what about all the other people who live in this city?

After spending the next few hours cleaning up my house, the doorbell rang. "I brought pizza for you." Martin smiled as he had a pizza box in one hand and a bag full of movies in the other.

"How sweet of you." I laughed taking the pizza box.

"I didn't know exactly which one you liked so I just got a cheese pizza. I figured that I couldn't go wrong there." Martin smiled as he sat the bag of movies by the dvd player.

"Did you see Paul and Nonnie as you left your place?" I asked sitting the pizza down in the kitchen.

"I saw Paul briefly. He left before I did but not by much and that was an hour ago." Martin replied as I put a few pieces of pizza on a plate and made me something to drink.

"Thanks for all this but seriously a small would have been fine." I laughed. "And for the record, cheese pizza is my favorite." I said smiled as I made my way back into the living room.

"Ok we got Star Wars, Transfomers, and I brought one chick flick just for you. Before you say anything, its Titanic but I'm hoping for the first two that you pick. I just tried to make it fair." Martin coyly remarked.

"Oh did you now?" I asked playing along. "How considerate of you to bring more guy friendly movies over to watch and one movie that I absolutely love. Titanic is sounding better to me." I grinned.

"If we must but I thought everyone loves Star Wars." He pleaded but flashing his smile that makes me want to kiss him.

"Hold that thought." I said as my cell phone went off. "Nonnie, I thought you said that you weren't going to call me. How is your date going?" I asked as I saw that it was Nonnie's number on my screen.

"I have your best friend here with her boyfriend and she is waiting for you to join her." Jeff breathed into the phone.

"Alex, what is it?" Martin replied as I dropped the phone into the floor.

"It's...it's Jeff. He has Nonnie and I think Paul." I shakily answered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy New Year everyone! :)