Learning to Fall

Heading For A Heart Heart Heartbreak

(Martin's POV)

I awoke with a killer headache similar to that of having a hangover and I knew it was from drinking Alexandra's blood. Her blood was fresh. It was something I tried so hard not to take.

I looked around to see I was in my own bed. Alex was not in my room I noticed as I stumbled out of bed. I still needed blood as I was a little weak. My instincts wanted to scan for Alexandra to see where she was now that we are connected but with my hunger pains it wasn't a good idea. I had to fight to protect her from me.

I made it into the kitchen of my place I shared with the boys and headed to the fridge. I opened it and grabbed two blood packages not even realizing Nonnie was sitting at the kitchen table watching me as I gulped down the packages as if they were nothing. I jumped as she spoke.

"Feel better?" Nonnie asked taking me by surprise.

"What? How long have you been here? Is Alex resting?" I asked.

"Alex is at the hospital. Shouldn't you know that?" Nonnie answered.

"If you are asking me if I have tracked her the answer is no. I haven't fully healed yet. I didn't want to risk me doing that when I knew Alex needed to recover. Wait, is she ok?" I asked worried making me reconsider if I should tap into seeing if Alex was alright.

"Alex needed a transfusion. Paul is at the hospital too but he should have been released early this morning. He bruised his wrist. Bryan is sleeping here. He brought me and I helped him help you to your bed. John is staying at the hospital looking out for Alex and Paul. Alex is going to be ok but I don't think she is safe. I came here instead of being with her to talk to you." Nonnie replied in all seriousness.

"Ok. Why do you need to talk to me?" I asked confused.

"We defeated Jeff and Sara's goons. Most ran off when they heard Sara scream. I have a proposition for you, Martin." Nonnie said as she drank some coffee she apparently had made.

"A proposition? Nonnie, I thought you liked me not hated me. I feel like I am in trouble at school or something." I said sitting down at the table instead of standing.

"Let me finish." She said tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. I could tell that Nonnie didn't want to have to tell me what she wanted to say.

"You want Alexandra to live right?" She asked.

"Of course I want Alexandra to live. What kind of question is that?" I asked blowing off her question. I was beginning to wonder if Nonnie hit her head a little too hard last night.

"I want you to let Alexandra go. She belongs in Paris. Alex gave up a chance to live and work in Paris for you. Our boss gave her the wonderful opportunity and she turned it down." Nonnie shocked me.

"What?" I answered trying to process her information. "Why would Alex do that and not tell me?" I asked.

"Would you have let her go then?" Nonnie asked.

"I don't know. She never told me anything about Paris. I can't believe she would give up a dream for me." I said shaking my head.

"Well, she did. She loves you that much. Martin, you and I both know if Alexandra stays here her life is in danger. Did you ever see Sara turn to dust?" Nonnie grilled me.

"No. She just disappeared." I said starting to understand Nonnie's concern. "You are afraid that Sara could get to Alex again." I replied.

"Sara isn't the only one. Martin, things have changed. I am afraid you could get to Alex." Nonnie said taking me completely off guard.

"I would never do that!" I yelled slamming my fist on the table.

"I'm not judging you Martin but it's the truth. Now that you have bitten Alex who you worked so hard not to bite, you never know. It just takes one slip for you not to be careful..." I didn't let her finish.

"I would never hurt Alexandra. I love her." I said running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Martin, I know you love her. I see it but you know it too. You are always going to have the urge no matter how much you fight it. It's not healthy nor fair to Alex. You have to let her go as much as I hate seeing my best friend travel and live far away, you and I know it is the only way to protect her and keep her safe." Nonnie replied.

I just got up from the table and retreated back to my room. My mind raced thinking of Alex. I couldn't take it anymore. I laid on my bed and tried to tap into her thoughts. I could do that now. It was wrong of me because I knew how invasive it was but I had to know if she was ok for myself. It turned out that Alex was asleep. I couldn't get into her dreams unless she invited me.

Finally night fell and I dashed out of my room. I managed to grab my leather jacket along the way and started for the door. My heart ached.

"Where are you going?" Nonnie and Bryan asked rushing after me.

"I'm going to see Alex and do something I hope I don't regret." I replied.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you guys think Martin is going to be able to do it and break up with Alex? Do you think Nonnie had a right in telling Martin what to do?