Learning to Fall

Don't Say You Love Me, You're Leaving

I couldn't believe what Martin was telling me. He now wants me to go to Paris instead of staying with him. My head was already hurting but this just added to the headache, not to mention how my heart is starting to break.

"Martin, you are not standing in between my dream. It was just a dream. It's no biggie. I can go to Paris whenever." I lied.

"Alex, I want you to go. I don't want you here." Martin spoke with no emotion in his voice. All I could do was look at him and stare. Martin showed no emotion on his face other than that of being annoyed with me.

"You don't want me here?" I managed to get out. First I was sad but then anger took over.

"So that's it. You lead me on and I save your sorry ass and now you want me gone. You should have never pulled me from that wreck. What was I a pity case to you? Wait, no, I looked just like my cousin who is trying to kill me. Just get out." I said exhausted.

"Alex, I want you to..." I didn't let Martin finished.

"Just get out!" I screamed as I pushed the call button on my bed to get some medicene for the pain. Maybe then the medicene can knock me out to be free of this nightmare.

Martin stared at me for one brief second. I could have sworn I saw pain in his eyes. It didn't last long as he ran his fingers through his hair and turned to walk out of my room. Why was Martin doing this to me?

A nurse came into my room and gave me a nice sedative that would help knock me out. Paul came back to stay the night with me. I honestly didn't want him here either even though I know it wasn't his fault what Martin had done.

"Is everything ok?" Paul asked as tears filled my eyes.

"Martin didn't tell you?" I asked.

"All Martin told me was to stay with you tonight. Did he bite you? I'll kill him." Paul angrily replied.

"No. Martin broke up with me. I wish he would have bitten me. The pain would have been much easier to deal with." I sobbed.

"Alex, I'm sorry..." He said sitting on the bed and holding me. I could feel myself getting sleepier as the sedative and my emotional state were kicking in.

"It's not your fault. Can you do me a favor?" I asked as Paul wiped a tear away from my eyes.

"Sure." He replied.

"I want you to call Nonnie when I am asleep. Tell her I know and that I'm leaving for Paris." I said a little angry at Nonnie.