Learning to Fall

Paris Bound

I didn't sleep much. Part of it was from my nerves of leaving the people I loved and starting a new chapter in my life. The other half was from the nightmares I had when I did sleep. In every nightmare there was a man chasing me. I couldn't see his face. I think I had some peace for at least an hour it seemed before I finally decided to stay awake.

After making sure everything was finally packed and ready to go for my trip to France, Nonnie was soon knocking at my door with Paul by her side. Time seemed to fly and Nonnie appeared joined at the hip with Paul. Maybe she had found her soulmate. I was happy for her.

"Paul, you are just the person I wanted to see." I smiled.

"This can't be good." He mumbled.

"Hey!" Nonnie replied giving him the eye as I chuckled.

"All my bags are heavy and right here." I said pointing at my four bags sitting in the living room.

"Four?" He asked.

"Paul!" Nonnie said playfully smacking his arm.

"Alright, alright, but my opinion is that I think you are making a huge mistake in leaving us." Paul replied as he approached my bags.

"Well, your opinion doesn't matter right now." Nonnie said grabbing a bag of mine.

"It does too matter. I mean who are we going to call to come over when we have a dispute over what movie we want to watch or..." Paul trailed as he walked out the door carrying two of my bags.

"Ignore him." Nonnie said carrying one bag out. I just shook my head and laughed as I carried the last bag out of the house.

"Have you eaten anything?" Nonnie asked.

"Nah. I thought that once I made it through the security checkpoint I would find a deli or something in the airport. I'm not really that hungry at the moment." I said.

I locked the house up and gave Nonnie the key. "Guard my house. Don't let anything happen to it while I'm away and no parties." I said.

"Promise." Nonnie said looking away.

"Nonnie!" I yelled.

"Sorry, but ok. No parties, check. You take the fun out of everything." Nonnie moped as we got into Paul's car.

We arrived at the airport and Paul helped me get my bags to the check in. I then hugged him and Nonnie both after I had checked in. We stood there in silence for a few seconds.

"I wish I could go back with you but I can't go past security. I told myself I wasn't going to cry. You better call me every day; wait that can get expensive. Call me twice a week." Nonnie laughed as we were both tearing up saying our goodbyes.

"You take good care of her." I said as I hugged Paul.

"I will. Have fun in Paris and stay out of trouble." Paul smiled.

"I will." I smiled.

"You stay out of trouble yourself. Don't do anything to make me worry." I said hugging Nonnie again. I took one last look at my friends and waved goodbye before I turned away to start my new life.

Once I had made it to security I found my way to the terminal I would board my plane. Across from that area were a few shops and a few restaurants. There was even a Starbucks. My stomach started to growl.

I decided on a sandwich shop instead of the pizza place next door to it. I had an hour to eat before it was time to board my plane. After I got my drink, I sat down at one of the cafe tables, placing my carry on bag which was just my huge purse in the seat beside me so that no one could randomly sit there and bother me.

After only have taken one bite of my sandwich, I heard a very familiar voice. "Is this seat taken?" The voice whispered in my left ear. My heart temporarily stopped and chills ran down my spine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do you think Martin had a change of heart? Do you think it is someone different? Let me know what you guys think. :)