Learning to Fall

Darkness Falls

(Martin's POV)

"You really must be stupid." I angrily replied about to shut the door on Sara.

"Wait!" Sara yelled.

"You!" Nonnie yelled almost breaking out of Paul's grip, ready to attack.

"Martin!" Bryan yelled tossing me a stake. We all knew that Sara couldn't come in but that didn't mean I could easily take her out quickly. She was standing in front of me; with the protective barrier that keeps her out of my place.

"Give me one good reason I should let you leave here alive." I growled flashing my fangs.

"Have you heard from my cousin? Did she get on that plane? Did you see her leave?" Sara babbled on.

"What did you do to my best friend?" Nonnie yelled still fighting to get out of Paul's protective hold. "I'll kill you if you harmed her!"

"Easy, Nonnie. I don't think she would be here if she did." Paul whispered in her ear.

"What are you talking about? How did you know Alex was leaving for Paris?" I quizzed Sara.

"I dreamed about it. You know we share each other's dreams. I mean that is how she found you." Sara replied.

"Get to the point." I said.

"He's back." Sara said starting to appear panicked.

"Who's back?" Bryan said stepping behind me.

"Martin knows. My father is back and he wants me. He wants to finish what he started." Sara said.

"You mean you have a psychotic father that is worse than you out there?" Nonnie asked. "Great." Nonnie rolled her eyes at Sara.

"Martin, please listen to me. Alex is in danger. I've seen it." Sara pleaded for me to hear her out.

I stood there contemplating on whether or not I should let Sara into my home when pain shot through me. I gripped my chest with one hand and my head with the other as I fell to my knees. The pain kept roaring through me as if something was being ripped apart from me.

"No!" My father has gotten to Alex!" I barely heard Sara cry.

(Alex's POV)

"Let go of me!" I screamed knowing people passing by would have to stop.

"Easy now. No one will help you. I made everyone not notice you. I'm that good at manipulating people Sara." My attacker replied. My attacker was none other than my evil uncle Jonathan.

"I'm not Sara!" I said kicking him in the shins as I ran from the sandwhich shop and out into the lobby of waiting people ready to board their planes.

I was tackeled onto the ground and pinned by two strong vampires as I watched helplessly as no one came to my rescue. The vampires lifted me up as my uncle approached us. "I should have recognized your human scent but you look so much like my daughter. I got excited into thinking I had found her. It's been a long time niece of mine. I would have come after you eventually but now that I have you..." He said tracing a finger down my cheek and to my neck.

"What? You found me so that you can kill me?" I said not as afraid.

"I think you know where Sara is actually. I think you have seen her." He paused. "What is this?" Jonathan said touching my scar on my neck. "Ah, so some vampire has bitten you and let you live. That means you can call to them. I can't have that." He said, face changing into something evil, as he quickly tore into my throat, biting harder than any other vampire with his fangs.

I wanted to scream. I wanted to call to Martin but I couldn't. My life was being drained and I could do nothing to stop it. I felt Jonathan pull away from me with a wicked grin. It was the last thing I saw before slumping over and into the darkness.