Learning to Fall

Trapped

Where was I? My eyes blinked as I was standing in front of an old house. Wait, I knew this house, at least I think I did.

"Come on, Sara. I told you I would protect you." A young girl replied. That girl was me and I was running with a younger version of my cousin Sara. I had her hand and was running towards a field. There was shouting behind us coming from my uncle Jonathan and my aunt Jane and then it was gone as the dream went away.

"Martin?" I whispered.

"I think she is coming to, boss." I heard someone say as my eyes tried to flicker open. There was a bright light being shown in my eyes probably from a flashlight.

"I don't want her blind, you idiot!" Jonathan screamed. Now I knew where I was as pain suddenly shot through me from where he had tore into my neck. My body felt weak and drained. That was my fault. I hadn't eaten hardly anything today. Today; was it still today or have I been out for awhile? I didn't even know. All I knew was I couldn't feel Martin's connection anymore to call for help. Jonathan severed it when he attacked me.

My hands and feet were tied to a chair I was sitting upwards in. "It's about time you woke up my dear. So I see that my darling daughter almost killed you. Excellent. I mean, I am glad that she didn't kill you because now I can use you as bait. But I am glad that she tried to kill you because that lets me know she is her father's daughter." Jonathan said as he held my chin up, forcing me to look up at him.

"You are a psychopath!" I shouted. Smack! Jonathan hit me across my face busting my lip.

"Don't ever call me that again although it does have a nice ring to it." He laughed as I spit up blood.

"Your blood tastes so sweet my dear. I am surprised at how your boyfriend has let you live this long. Martin, I believe his name is." Jonathan laughed.

"How do you know all this?" I asked.

"When I bit you, I saw everything my dear. I saw how you and Sara have some sort of mental bond which I can use to my advantage as well who your boyfriend is and all your friends. It's perfect. See, I can use you against all of them." Jonathan grinned.

"Never. I will never hurt them! You will have to kill me first!" I yelled.

"Oh, I don't have to kill you." Jonathan said untying my hands. My eyes darted around the room looking for an escape and how many goons Jonathan had with him. There was no way I could escape so I didn't even bother trying to get away. I just sat there defeated.

"I won't help you get Sara granted I want her dead for trying to kill me. I will not let you get to my friends either." I said.

"Call him." Jonathan replied dropping a cell phone in my lap.

"No!" I screamed. Another smack across my face.

"Let's try this again. Call your boyfriend." Jonathan replied.

"I said no!" I screamed tossing the phone on the ground.

"Do you really want to do this the hard way?" Jonathan said grabbing my chin. "You will call your boyfriend and tell him what I want you to tell him." Jonathan said staring into my eyes with a menacing look. I suddenly became not myself and couldn't control what I was saying or about to do.

"I will call Martin and tell him what you want me to say." I said in a fog as I felt the cell phone be slipped into my hands.