Learning to Fall

Location, Location

(Martin's POV)

"Alex! Where are you? Are you alright?" I asked worried.

"I'm...I'm fine." Alex sounded distant and tired. "You need to find Sara."

"I have Sara. Where is Jonathan?" I asked.

"There is an abandoned office building downtown on Oak Street. I'm on the 34th floor. Bring Sara." Alex replied.

"Alex, let me speak to Jonathan." I said. I heard Jonathan whisper to Alex, telling her what to say on the other end. Alex was under his control.

"No! Martin, don't come for me!" Alex screamed in the phone as apparently she fought to regain control and heard what Jonathan's plans were.

"You shouldn't have done that!" Jonathan's voice blared as well as a loud smack.

"Jonathan, I swear if you hurt her...!" I screamed.

"Be here in one hour with Sara or I turn your girlfriend. Come alone too. I can't have your friends showing up either." Jonathan said into the phone before he hung up.

"Martin, what did Jonathan say?" John asked.

"Untie Sara. We're going on a little roadtrip to see her father." I said heading over to where our weapons and supplies are kept.

"So where are we going? Did Alex tell you?" Paul asked.

"We aren't going anywhere. Only Sara and I are going to get Alex." I said.

"The hell you are. That's my best friend this psycho vampire has. You expect me to just sit here and tweedle my thumbs and bite my nails worrying about her? I'm going with you." Nonnie insisted.

"No! Jonathan's orders were clear. I have to do this alone." I barked as I put on my black leather jacket.

"Martin, you are making a mistake. We're your friends. We stick by you no matter what. We are coming to." Paul grabbed my left arm.

"He will kill her." I said.

"At least let us sit in the van or something. Just in case you need backup. I promise we won't rush in until you notify is. I set your cell phone the other day as a tracking device. Push the button on the side and it will light up on my phone where you are." Bryan said. We all glared at him.

"What?" He asked hurt. "I was bored and stole his phone. I just didn't have time to tell you exactly. But with this instead of using it as a tracking just press it and when it lights up on my phone, I will know that you need us. Promise we sit in the van." Bryan said looking at the rest of the group who nodded their heads.

"Fine. Besides even as fast as I am I know you would somehow use that tracking device against me, right?" I asked.

"Maybe." Bryan smiled.

"What about me?" Sara meekly asked as she was untied. "Do I get any weapons?"

"Here." I said tossing her a few stakes.

"We are going to Oak Street. There is an abandoned office building somewhere on that street. Alex said she is on the 34th floor. I want you guys to park a block away so that Jonathan's lookouts don't suspect anything. And remember only come up if I press the button, got it?" I asked everyone.

"Sure." Bryan replied.