They Rule the Streets

Chapter 6

“Gabe, Immah go,” Bill muttered, grabbing Gabe’s jacket and dragging him close.

“Bill, ya just got here!” Gabe cried, his eyes wide and pleading. “Why are you leavin?”

“I just…Gabe, I’ll see ya back at home, alright?” Bill snapped, headed towards the door.

“Bill! You bettah be at Patrick’s!” Gabe shouted after him, watching as Bill pushed through the crowd, headed for the cool New York air that would clear his brain.

The moment the fresh breeze brushed against his face, causing his dark locks to sway in the wind, Bill’s mouth twisted into a grin. He paused, his face tilted towards the luminescent moon, the silver light barely touching his face.

“The most beautiful sound,” he murmured, eyes closed as he picture her face. “The most beautiful face.” Bill opened his eyes, still grinning. He started walking, his long legs carrying him down the road, headed only where the wind would take him. He could still picture her, bright as day in her dress of ivory white, hair of gold and eyes of sapphire. “Anna…”

Bill leapt up onto a streetlamp, his arm hooked around the metal pole while the other stretched out the sky. “It’s a symphony! A symphony when I hear her name! Anna, Anna, Anna, ANNA!” Bill cried, tossing his head back and grinning like the madman he was. “Anna!” Jumping from the post, Bill’s feet thundered on the pavement as he danced in circles to her name. “When she spoke, it was like a choir of angles!” he gushed, closing his eyes with a grin still on his face. “And her eyes! Oh, her eyes!”

A lone pedestrian was walking down the street, shoulders hunched and hat shadowing his face. Bill grabbed the man’s arm, turning the man to face him. “Sir, aren’t the colors brightah? The air cleaner, while the moon! And the stars, they shine like her!” Bill spoke in a daze.

“Get offa me, punk,” the man growled, shaking loose of Bill’s hold. “Crazy teenagah…” Not fazed, Bill continued to try and find Anna’s apartment, running through alleyway after alleyway.

The stars shine like her eyes, Bill thought as he continued down the street. The way they smile and wink and glitter!

“And her name, it sounds like music! The greatest of all music!” Bill laughed. “Pure music, like the piano an’ the harp, n’ violins, n’ even drums! They all play when I say her name! Anna!” Bill stepped back out of the alley and onto the pavement of the sidewalk, his hands raised as though conducting a symphony. “The most beautiful sounds for the most beautiful girl! She’s an angel, a dove, a pearl, a rose, a sunset, she’s everythin’ I’ve dreamed, n’ everythin’ I need! Anna, Anna, Anna, Anna!” he shouted, hands cupped around his mouth, his words echoing back to him.

“And lord, when she kissed me…” Bill’s arms twisted around him in a hug as he slowly rocked back and forth, humming the song they had danced to. “I could fly! I was soaring!”

“Shudd-uph!” someone shouted from an apartment above him. “Can’t ya see we’re tryin’ tuh sleep? Stupid kid!”

“And when she kissed me,” Bill whispered, ignoring the angry words and touching his fingers to his lips. “Jesus…” Bill shook his head as he dropped his hands as realization slapped him across the face. “Jesus flippin’ Christ, I think I…I think I love her. No, I know I love her! I love her! Anna, where ever you are, I love you!” Bill laughed, tossing his head back and proclaiming it to the midnight black sky. “I’m in love! I’m in love! I’m in love!”

Still laughing a hooting, Bill took off in a sprint, chasing down the love of his life, desperate to tell her how he felt.
♠ ♠ ♠
I"M BACK! Okay, so this whole week is Finals, so please don't be expecting too many updates, okay? I'm stressing out enough as it is about my math and science final, so I shouldn't even be posting this. But, I've had it written out for a while, and I figured, why not?
Anyways, I have Friday off, and then it's Christmas break, so expect updates then, alrighty?
And if Bill seems kinda weird here, I just picture someone as romantic like Bill to be overly excited over falling in love.
Comment/subscribe/love!