Black and Gold

Arrival

Peter, Sirius and James looked up as a remarkably beautiful girl stepped into the carriage. Remus continued to read, barely even acknowledging that there was anything going on around him. Sirius let out a low whistle, ‘Hi. Who are you?’

The girl glared at him- she had obviously heard his whistle, ‘Roxie Carter. You?’

Sirius grinned, the girl was gorgeous, ‘I’m Sirius. I haven’t seen you before?’

The girl shot him a disbelieving look, ‘Well, duh. I’m new.’
She turned to James and Sirius’ face fell- why wasn’t she paying HIM attention?

‘So what’s your name?’
‘I’m James Potter,’ he stood up and held out his hand, ‘It’s nice to meet you, Roxie Carter.’
She smiled, ‘Nice to meet you too!’ She turned again to Remus, ‘Hey Bookworm, what’s your name?’ Remus glanced up and muttered, ‘Remus’, before turning back to his book. Roxie smiled softly her hazel eyes full of curiosity.

She crossed the carriage and sat down across from Remus. She watched him for a few seconds, before plucking the book from his hands with a mischievous smile on her face. ‘So, is it a good book, Bookworm?’ Remus looked startled as the book was wrenched from under his nose and he glanced up at Roxie.

He was thankful that she was still looking at the book because as he took in her beautiful face and perfect features a slow blush began to spread across his face burning his skin. He groaned very softly, Roxie’s head whipped up. ‘What’s wrong? Have your book back, I’m sorry.’

He was startled- she had heard him groan? He hadn’t even heard himself! He shook his head, ‘No, its fine. I, umm.. have pins and needles in my foot.’ Roxie smiled, seemingly relieved. ‘Oh good! Well, not good that you have pins and needles but good that I didn’t like offend you!’ She smiled shyly again, her face lighting up.

Remus grinned back, flattered that while sitting in a carriage with Sirius Black and James Potter, the gorgeous girl was for once paying attention to him.

Her voice pulled him out of his thoughts, ‘So, what house are you?’

'Gryffindor’, he replied hopefully, ‘You? Do you know yet?’

She nodded, ‘Yeah’, she smiled again but wider this time, the smile truly lighting up her face and almost making her beyond beautiful. ‘I’m in Gryffindor too!’

Remus laughed softly at her enthusiasm, ‘That’s great- we can help you get your bearings, are you in 5th year too?’

She nodded happily and then something seemed to occur to her as she abruptly stood up. ‘So Remus, do you know where the girls from our year are?’

He nodded, ‘they’re usually two or three carriages down on the other side.’

She grinned at him again. ‘Thank you.’ She walked back over to the door, handing him back his book, ‘So I’ll see you at the feast, yeah?’

He nodded eagerly, ‘I’ll save you a seat!’

She smiled, thinking to herself what a relief it was to meet someone so easy to talk to, even now after barely five minutes. She liked this boy and she could see herself being very, very close friends with him. He still seemed to look at her slightly too eagerly but at least he wasn’t plain pervy like that stupid Sirius boy. What kind of a name is that anyway? Sirius. Yuk.

She opened the door and glanced back at the small plump quiet boy, ‘Bye then, See you later’, she turned to James, ‘Bye James, nice meeting you.’ She nodded at Sirius grumpily, who was mightily put out that this absolutely gorgeous girl had chosen Remus over him.
She stepped further out the door, ‘Bye Remus, bye guys!’

As soon as the door shut many things happened simultaneously, Remus practically collapsed onto his chair, James let out a shrill and very loud wolf whistle, Peter whispered something along the lines of ‘she looked at me’, Sirius started moaning very loudly about how touchy some girls were and stressing at a high volume that a whistle was a compliment not an offence and Roxie laughed and punched the air.