Enkeli.

Ilta.

It's dark, I went to your house. I'm not creepy enough to knock on your window or anything, so I sit on the curb and text you.

You creep out, dressed in jeans and a tee shirt, and come up behind me, putting your hands over my eyes. I smile, and put my hands up onto yours, feeling the warmth of your skin.

Not too warm, though. I stand to face you and you're feeling colder now, light shivers running through your frame.

I take off my jacket and give it to you, despite your protests.

You smile, because you were cold, and you like wearing my stuff.

I smile, because I am warm, because I can't be cold around you, my heart glows too warmly.

You ask what I want, faux-aggressively.

I grin, acting bashful. I step forward, removing the distance between us, and I pull you to me, slowly leaning in for a kiss, feeling your heart beat speed - then abruptly I turn, catching one of your hands in mine, and gently leading you down the street.

I hear you click your tongue in annoyance, and, facing away from you, allow myself to smile as I imagine your frustrated pout. Oh, please, as though you never did similar to me.

Not normally at night, though; not normally leading me down a road to god-knows-where, for god-knows-what, for god-knows-how-long.

The moon was out, I looked up at it, howling quietly, then loudly. You join in, hesitant at first. We start running, just because, and you're faster, leaner, like some kind of gazelle, or deer; I lumber, feet pounding the ground steadily, leaning forward slightly as though I'm waiting for my body to change, becoming a creature running on all fours. I'm predatory. You're beating me, I've never been that athletic. Breathing is becoming more of a task and I hate not being able to breathe quietly, or to talk, because I do something stupid like sprint a hundred metres, or more, or less, as fast as I can.

At least we're both warm, now. You toss my jacket down onto the grass where we've ended up.

Predatory - I led you. We sit on the grass, below the moon, and your gaze caresses my face, as I look into the distance, maybe watching the shadows move, maybe watching nothing outside my own head.

The night is beautiful. We are beautiful.

You crawl towards me on your knees, and settle into my lap, as I gently play with your hair.

I whisper Are you happy?

You whisper I've never been happier.