Sinner

Chapter ten.

Chase pov

Gaige and I were laughing our asses off as Faye walked off, without even getting back at us. ‘Payback is a bitch.' What does that even mean?" I questioned as I sat on the stairs. In movies I've seen before, when anyone would say that they would end up getting each other back much worse than either one had expected. By the expression on his face I could tell that he was running Faye's words through his head and trying to make sense of them. His footsteps echoed in the hall as he paced back and forth, deep in thought. Great, now nothing will be normal until he figures it out. Damn.

Putting that aside for a bit, I've noticed something in Gaige. When Faye moved in with his family, he stopped acting like himself. He doesn't bother other people anymore, he's just stuck in a rut to trying to seduce Faye and never has time for anything else. Then there's something in his eyes that seems rather off, like he's debating with himself constantly. I can understand why he would feel different, since he's a foster child too. The thing is, he's never told us why he’s a foster child. When we asked him before he simply responded with,
"It doesn't matter anymore."

Wouldn’t it seem odd to you if your best friend wasn’t willing tell you everything about himself? Nicole and Anne have tried to figure out what it is that he hides, but they always fail. Such great detectives they are. Yeah, they call themselves detectives when they're trying to find out about certain people, digging dirt and such. More like major failures.

Gaige sighed as he took a seat next to me, when he looked at me a spark of sorrow flashed through his eyes quickly.
"Gaige, what's been going on with you lately? You're just not yourself." I commented with worry and curiosity. He looked at his converse and shrugged,
"I don't now, it's just nothing, I guess."

I was about to tell him that this nothing was starting to worry me a bit, but decided against it. He'd tell me when he was ready, right?
Or at least I hoped.
“Well, I’d better be getting home,” I stated glancing at my watch. I didn’t, really, but I wanted to break this awkward silence.
“Bye,” was his only reply as he continued to stare at his shoes.
I had hoped that he would stop me, say he wanted to talk to me, but no. I left.

Gaige’s POV

I kind of regretted letting Chase leave so soon, but I didn’t blame him for wanting to. I wasn’t telling him anything, and it was no secret that it was driving him crazy.
Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I dragged my feet to the door and pulled it open. I couldn’t believe who was standing on my doorstep.
“A…Alex?” I said in disbelief.
“I have to talk to you about Faye.”
♠ ♠ ♠
(SeideeCrayonss): I shall start working on chapter eleven later this afternoon.
Comments=longer updates.
xo