Sinner

Chapter twelve.

Faye pov

****
It's been two months and two weeks since I've been adopted, Gaige has been flirting with me more now, and his techniques are getting worse. He thinks that if he kisses me, I'll fall into his wrath. He's completely wrong, I haven't fallen for him, not even one bit. Alex tries to keep his composure when Gaige tries to flirt with me around him. I've asked Alex to just ignore it like I do, that Gaige will give up in time. I hate seeing the pain in Alex's eyes, he has this look of worry, as if he'll lose me. I've reassured him repeatedly that I only love him and no one else, that Gaige will not make me fall. It makes him relax a bit, but never enough. Gaige is getting to him, I can tell, and it needs to stop. Gaige needs to get a new hobby, a new girl, one that's not me.

I still talk to my friends, the ones that were there for me in my worst moments. My true friends, not Gaige's fake friends. What surprises me is that Gaige hasn't snitched me out to our parents. Another thing is that Chase, his best friend, is actually being nice to me. Something in me tells me that he's being nice for some reason though, but then there's something lingering in his eyes that makes me think his behavior is honest. I must be losing my head.

"Hey, what are you up to?" Queries Anne, tilting her head slightly to look at the open notebook on my bed.I close it immediately and sigh, "Go be fake somewhere else." I state flatly, not bothering to look at her. She made this odd noise and scoffed, "Talk about being a hypocrite." She giggled, "Sweetie, you're the fakest one here. Acting like you're such a saint, pretending Gaige's flirts don't work on you. You want him. You ev-" I stood up and punched her square in the nose, such a sight it was. Her head turned to the side from the impact, I almost laughed out loud because of it.

She grasped her nose and shrieked very loudly, this of course brought everyone running. Gaige and his little friends all barged into my room with alarmed looks on their faces. When they saw Anne sitting on my bed grasping her bloody nose, they gasped. "Screw you, you're the fake and you know it. And I swear that if you ever fuck with me again, I will make this much worse, Anne." I stated through gritted teeth before walking out of the room so everyone could overreact about what I did. They were so predictable. Anne is truly idiotic, I don't pretend to be a saint. I know I'm not a saint, I don't know who said I thought I was.

I walked around the house for a bit before deciding to sit outside by the pool. Gaige's friends annoyed me greatly, Chase was okay, sometimes. He helped get Gaige off my back when he was being a total ass. They had their little fights because of this, but in the end Gaige would stop to listen to him and eventually forgive him. I would always ask Chase why he was friends with Gaige if he had the potential to be nice. He always replied with, "He's different, everyone else just doesn't understand him the way I do. He just tends to give everyone a bad vibe, but he's acutally pretty cool when you get to know him." I couldn't believe what he was saying, Gaige couldn't possibly be a nice guy. Come on, he'd slept with about half of the girls at school then acted like he didn't know them. That's not something a nice guy would do.

Might as well swim for a bit, wait 'til everything cools down inside. I slipped out of my shirt and skinny jeans, placing them along to the side with my flats. My black polka dot bikini was on under my clothes, I just wore it because I knew I'd swim later on. The water felt cool on my skin as I got in, it was relaxing. My problems felt lighter now, like they didn't matter at all. "What happened in there?" Questioned Chase, sitting by the poolside and placing his feet in the water slightly after he took his shoes off. I swam towards him and floated in the water, "Anne got on my nerves, I got tired of it and decided to get her off my back." I responded nonchalantly, a smile playing on my lips at the memory of Anne's reaction. "I'd be lying if I said I was upset," He chuckled, " She kind of deserved it." I laughed before nodding softly, "Yup." My eyes fluttered open as I felt water being splashed on my face. "What the f-" I cried as I went underwater. Chase's laughter could be heard from above, 'Oh, he's going to get it.'

As I surfaced, I coughed out water and glared at Chase. Before he could pull his feet out of the water and stand, I got hold of his ankles and pulled him in. I started laughing hard as he surfaced, his hair and clothes clinging to him. "Revenge is sweet." I stated with a grin, returning to floating on my back.

****
It was fun swimming with Chase, his sense of humor was oh so funny. We got out of the pool and lay down in the grass laughing uncontrollably. He had been talking about a prank he had played on Anne last year, where she ended up being all pissy because he made her seem like an airhead. Which she was in fact. Someone stood besides us and cleared their throat. It was another asshole, Matt, I rolled my eyes as he smirked cockily. "Moron." I muttered under my breath, bringing a chuckle from Chase. "Gaige is not going to be happy about you messing around with his toy." Matt sneered, staring at Chase with an amused look. Mocking him. I laughed and stood up, helping Chase up as well. We both knew that we were just playing around, Chase knew I loved Alex, he knew that I was never going to ruin our relationship. Chase thought of me as a friend, as did I. "Tell your pal that he should give up because I will never be his." I hissed, shoving him back with force. He clenched his fists and glared at me with fury, "Don't even dare." Chase stated with defiance, placing his arm around me to make a point. Matt shook his head, "Gaige is not going to like this. Traitor." He scoffed before walking off.

This is getting worse. I'm going to end up ruining Chase and Gaige's friendship, well Gaige is going to ruin it. All because of his stubbornness for this bet. He's an extreme moron. Let's just hope everything turns out okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all enjoyed it. :D
This story has 52 subscribers already, that makes me overjoyed. I never thought I'd get this far with this story,but each and every single one of you readers have inspired me to continue writing this. Thank you all so much.
6 comments for chapter thirteen to be posted.
xox