I'll Take My Chances With You

The End

Summer ended, but it ended on a good note. I did eventually take Gee home and meet my mom and dad, he yelled at them which seemed to open my mom’s eyes to what it was they were doing to me. Manipulating me into their perfect idea of a son instead of loving the one they’ve got as he is. We both found out my dad was an avid Kiss fan in his day, which made me laugh a little, okay, it made me laugh a lot. I still spent a lot of time over at the Way’s, mostly to hang out with Mikey; he is my best friend after all. Gee and me, well, we’re still dating, I’m just ready for school to be over and the first day is tomorrow. I’m taking Gee to homecoming, he is alumni and he’s aloud to come, just he’ll also be my date. Mikes will be with us too so it won’t be too obvious that he and I are together.

School, did start, much to my dismay. I still got the threats from the jocks, and they still love to shove me into lockers; they’ve been doing so since I was a freshman and unfortunately I still have one more year to deal with them. I go home with Mikey Monday’s, Thursday’s and Friday’s; we hang out, watch movies and listen to new CD’s we’ve bought. Tuesday’s are for my parents, we’re slowly building up our trust in each other, I have to trust them and they have to trust me. It’s a slow process, it’s still awkward, but it’s slowly getting better. Wednesday’s, those are mine and Gee’s date nights. We’ll go out to eat, go see a movie, or we’ll hang out at his house in the basement, no Mikey—he’s okay with it and my curfew is 11:30. Saturday’s, unfortunately are for working all day long. I still have to find a job that’ll let me work a few hours or all day on Saturday; I don’t think it should be that hard, how many teenagers want off on Saturday’s and no one else will cover for them?! Idiots—they have an unwilling willing worker right here.

Much to my dismay my parents got me a cell, usually it’s for when they want me home, we do live in Jersey, it does get violent sometimes and my mom is a worry-wart. Can’t blame her, however, it was a Thursday that she called me and told me I had to go straight home after school; she’d explain everything when I got home. Odd, mom’s never home at 3 in the afternoon ever, come to think of it, neither is my dad. Needless to say I was shocked to see three cars in our drive when I walked up. I said my goodbye to Mikey and headed into my house. I saw my mom and dad and two people I’d never seen before, a manly looking woman and the biggest white guy I’ve ever seen in my life; he was big, and I’m not just saying that because I’m short either. Apparently they were here on account of the confession I had had with their preacher guy. They’re only a few months behind, if things hadn’t changed I could’ve been dead by now; makes me appreciate how much people really care about children. That was meant to be sarcastic; I even said that to everyone that day too, they didn’t think it was funny. They asked me questions, mostly about why my dad would hit me, how those fights would get started, and then the three most important questions; Have things changed? Am I comfortable still living at home? Do I feel safe at home? I told them the truth—we were working on things, my dad hasn’t hit me since the night Ray and Bob helped me to Mikey’s. I told them that most teenagers feel awkward living at home; I was at that point in life where I was supposed to feel awkward, finding myself and what not. For the last one, that one was a bit hard for me to answer and took the longest for me to respond to. That manly woman even sounded like a man, she seemed to weird me out a lot though, always looking at me with that look everyone gives someone once they found out you’ve been abused, it was this woman’s job, she couldn’t just go around, well I think she was a woman, anyway, she couldn’t just go around giving out that look. That last question though, I did answer them, which was the answer they wanted most out of me, and the other two were just standard. If I didn’t feel safe they’d have taken me away that night with nothing more than the clothes on my back and ten minutes to gather everything I deemed important. I told them I felt safe enough to want to stay with my parents, not to be taken away somewhere where I’d probably do bodily harm to myself, let alone somewhere far away from everything that I know and love. I told them things had been working out better, slowly, but trust takes time, I did feel safe though, at home and at Mikey’s. I told them the system my family worked out for me; we spend every Tuesday together, talk about our days and what’s going on in our lives. They asked me if I wanted a mental health doctor, they were crazy if I was going to see one of them.

Other than that interesting evening, which I did eventually get over to Mikey’s and told him all about it, even that manly woman. She still weirds me out, even when I think of that day. Gee and me, well things seem to be looking in the good direction for us, we don’t seem to have an end in the near future which makes me happy. We’ve even started hanging out at my house, he and my mom oddly have the same interest in, and well you’ll never guess, art. My mom went to an art school for two years before her parents told her she’ll never amount to anything there and she went on to do whatever it is she does now. She’s brought out her old art work and even some of the more recent ‘closet’ work she’s done. Gee drew her a cartoon once, it was of her as an artist and my dad, well my dad looked funny, he was drawn in as an avid Kiss fan still. In return my mom had secretly snapped a photo and Gee and me one afternoon and she drew us. It’s a beautiful drawing. She gave me the photo and gave Gee her drawing. He got a frame, I had to go and find one for my picture. I’m not really sure where things are going to go with my life at the moment, they can go any which way. I’m enjoying learning these odd quirks my parents have, and the even odder ones my boyfriend has. I’m not saying I’ll have a happy ending, I’m still living my life, but I’ll let you know how it turns out--another day.

**I forgot in the beginning, my DISCLAIMER...well obviously I own nothing but the plot, this was my first MCR-Frerard fic, I did my best.**