One Fumbled Touch

Chapter Thirty Seven

Brendon’s P.O.V

I wake up to the sight of white walls. Wow, this is familiar, what is it like the second time I’ve woke up in hospital in the space of a week or two?

Still in England nonetheless.

One band mate down.

A small sigh escapes my lips as I sit up, scoping the room for a few moments, but it’s too dark to make much out apart from the glimmer of moonlight through the drawn blinds. When my eyes finally adjust better to the light I notice a figure sat in the corner of the room. A doctor perhaps? Or maybe even my beloved William, sleeping peacefully near me because he couldn’t bare to leave me alone. I smile at the thought.

“William?” I question into the darkness, hoping his soothing voice would be comforting me in no time, “Will, is that you? Wake up!”

After a few attempts of getting the person’s attention I gave up, only answered with bitter silence. The whole room is chilly and my heart begins to pound a little. I was never very good with the dark and this was getting weird.

“Who is it?”

The figure slowly raises to it’s feet, almost as if taunting me for being so scared.

“Who’s there?!” I yell, my voice shaking as I grow more frantic, “please stop this and tell me who you are!”

The figure walks foreword, pacing agonizingly slow before it stops at the foot of my bed.

“How are you feeling Bren?” It asks me, it’s voice smooth like silk.

My entire body shakes in fear, my mind consumed with curiosity, “Who are you?”

The person snorts.

“God Brendon! I’ve only been gone for a few week! I can’t believe you would forget me so quickly…I thought we were best friends.”

My heart seems to come to a complete stand still as the figure emerges from the darkness and into what little light there is. I try to scream for help, but find my breath caught in my throat. How can this be? I someone trying to play some sick joke on me?

“Wha…”

“Hush up Brendon, you need to rest after all.”

I violently shake my head, trying to rid my brain of the image it’s creating right in front of me, this just can’t be, I’m obviously still asleep, or at least hallucinating.

“Go away!” I shout, my entire throat running dry.

“I can’t Brendon, I’ve got to tell you something…”

He walks to my bedside, smiling innocently and kneeling next to me. “I love you Brendon. I always have.”

My eyes begin to well up as he places an ice cold hand into mine and kisses me softly on the cheek, I merely stare at him, trying to figure out whether this was real or not. After a few moments he get’s up, heading for the door, I grab at his hand. “Wait!”

“Sorry I have to go now…”

The imprint of his lips on my cheek starts to burn as he grows further away, He‘s just about to walk out the door when he turns around to look me dead on, his beautiful brown eyes sparkling in the moonlight. “Oh and by the way, William didn’t mean to kill me, it was a total accident…”

The door slams shut and my body jolts.

That’s it. I’ve finally lost my mind. Only someone who was totally and utterly screwed in the head would imagine their dead best friend, announcing their one sided love to them.

“Brendon!”

I look over at the door quickly, a little disappointed to find William standing there with a dopey smile on his face and a bunch of brightly coloured flowers cradled in his arms. Wait, what am I talking about, I should be happy he’s here!

“William.” I smile softly at him, quickly wiping away the remnants of my previous crying…maybe it was all just a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah we decided to make this story a bit more interesting.
Hehe!

I can feel am ending coming up...or perhaps it'll go on longer!!!