Sinful Thinking

Chapter 2

“I swear if you don’t get up right now! You’re going to be late, Cine!”

I rolled over in my bed and put the pillow over my head.

“Ah, the last week of school before Christmas Break. Shall we wake and go or miss our exams? Oh! How dear Mommie will be disappointed.”

Jake mocked in my door way trying to sound like me. I sat up and threw my pillow at him. He dodged and walked down the hallway laughing. I growled under my breath and got up to take a shower and change.

I came out with blue jeans and a faded band t-shirt on. My long black hair with purple high-lights pinned up in the back.

I walked down the stairs slowly, wasting my time. When I got to the bottom, I found my mom in a hurry.

“You’ll need to catch the bus this morning. The hospital called and they need extra nurses today. Have some cereal if your hungry. Love you Sweetie.”

She kissed me on the cheek and rushed out the door still trying to put her hair up. I closed the door behind her and went to the kitchen to hunt.

There was some Lucky Charms and two days passed its expiration date milk. So, I ate from the box and left the milk.

A few minutes passed and Jake came running down the stairs yelling the bus was here. I grabbed my bag and ran out the door behind him, locking it.