The Notebook

Part Ten

Frankie had only been in his room a few minutes when his cell phone rang. He closed the door to muffle the sound and flipped it open. “Hello?”

“Frank?” It was Mikey.

“Hey Mikes, what’s up?”

“What happened?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean tonight! You and Gerard! I want details, and the bastard won’t tell me anything.”

“That’s because it’s none of your business.” Gerard’s voice came through the phone.

“I’m on the phone, Gee!” Mikey shouted.

“I know. I wanted to see what you were saying about me.”

“Frankie was just saying that he wants you to tie him up and fuck him senseless,” Mikey said. Frankie’s eyes widened and he blushed even though they couldn’t see him.

“Mikey!” he yelled, horrified.

“Kinky,” Gerard replied. You could practically hear the smirk on his face.

“Oh god,” Frankie said, groaning.

“Did you two get along? Did you kiss?” Mikey asked, gasping suddenly. “Did you put out? Oh god, Frankie, tell me you didn’t put out on the first date…”

“I didn’t put out!” Frankie cried, feeling as though he would die of embarrassment any second now.

“He didn’t,” Gerard confirmed.

“Oh,” Mikey said, sounding surprised. “I kinda thought you would.”

Gerard snorted. “What a great friend you are, Mikes.”

“Well, he-”

Frankie hung up, not wanting to hear the rest of that sentence. He laid down on top of his bed and closed his eyes for a minute, opening them when the phone rang again. The caller I.D. read ‘Mikey’s house.’ He picked it up and immediately started talking.

“Mikey, I don’t know what you were about to tell him, but it better not have been-”

“Calm down, sweetheart. It’s me,” Gerard interrupted, laughing softly.

“O-oh, Gee, hey,” Frankie replied nervously. “Uh… what’s up?”

“Well, I wanted to apologize for my brother, first of all. He can be kind of an idiot.”

“Sometimes, yeah,” Frankie agreed, laughing.

“Secondly… I was wondering if you’d be interested in going out again sometime. I really had a lot of fun with you, and I was thinking we could maybe make this- Make us a regular thing.”

“So we would be…”

“Dating. Going out. Going steady. Whatever you’d like to call it. You know, if you’d be interested.”

“Oh, y-yeah. That sounds… That sounds great,” Frankie replied, blushing and grinning widely.

“Perfect. So I was thinking next Saturday we could maybe go out to dinner? Something a little nicer than Taco Bell.”

“You took him to Taco Bell? God, Gee, you’re so cheap,” Frankie heard Mikey say.

“Get off the phone, Mikes,” Gerard ordered, sounding annoyed.

“Well if my best friend and my brother are dating, I deserve to know!”

“You can find out later. Now hang up before I take the phone away from you.” They heard a sigh and a click before Gerard continued. “So. Saturday?”

“Saturday’s perfect,” Frankie answered, his heart pounding.

“Great. See you around school, then?”

“Yeah. See you.”