The Notebook

Part Four

Dear Gerard,

I have a new face that I can’t get out of my head.

Him.

Cameron. Mikey called him your friend but I know he’s more than that. He spent the night for Christ’s sake.

Did you make love to him, Gee? Did you fuck that blonde bimbo while I was crying myself to sleep in the other room? Were you two sharing a sweet little morning after while I was lying to Mikey about being sick so I could come home and write this down?

But the very worst part.

He seems nice. Intelligent. He must be, to get a guy like you. I heard him making you laugh, so he must be funny. You probably have a great time with him. He’s got a nice voice, so I bet it drives you wild when he moans. And he’s hot. Beautiful, even. Perfect body. Perfect hair. Perfect boy.

Perfect couple.

Does he make you happy, Gerard? Happier than I could make you?

I have to get that pretty boy face of his out of my mind. I want to picture your hazel eyes when I close mine, not his bright blue ones that tantalize me mercilessly.

It’s not fair that he has you. You couldn’t begin to understand what I would do, how much I would sacrifice just to feel your arms around me.

I should try to sleep this off. Maybe I’ll feel better when I’m rested.

It’s worth a shot, anyway.

Love, Frankie