The Notebook

Part Seven

“Feel better now?”

“Huh?”

“You said you felt gross.”

“Oh, yeah. Much better.” Frankie smiled and found a pair of pajama pants, pulling them on over the boxers he was already wearing. He grabbed a shirt and was about to pull it on when Mikey spoke up.

“Don’t. Leave it off.”

Frankie blinked and turned to stare at his friend, arms still in his shirt. “What?”

“Leave it off. You look better with it off.”

Frankie wore a bewildered expression, his eyes wide. “What’s going on, Mikes?”

Mikey stood and crossed the room to him, running his hand down Frankie’s chest. “You don’t have to pretend anymore. I feel it too.”

Frankie became increasingly confused as Mikey spoke words that seemed to come from a bad romance movie. “I don’t-”

“Shh…” Mikey interrupted, placing his fingers over Frankie’s lips. Frankie’s eyes widened more.

Mikey leaned in and planted a light kiss on the shorter boy’s lips. He pulled his dumbfounded friend to the bed, pushing him down and straddling him. His lips went to Frankie’s neck and the darker-haired boy searched his brain frantically for words.

“Mikey-”

“Shh… I know you want me. I want you too.”

“But-”

“Shh,” Mikey soothed again. Frankie felt his friends fingers grab his crotch and he jumped.

“Mikey, stop.”

“But you want me, don’t you?”

“No. No, I don’t.”

“But I love you, Frankie…”

“I’m in love with your brother,” he blurted out. He closed his eyes and felt Mikey move away from him. When he finally opened them, he saw his friend smiling down at him.

“… What the hell was that?”

“I was trying to get you to admit it.”

Frankie blinked. “I don’t get it.”

“Do you always leave your secrets out where anyone can find them?” Mikey tilted his head towards the desk, where Frankie’s notebook sat alone. “You have nice handwriting, by the way.”

Frankie’s eyes grew wider than Mikey had ever seen them. “You read it?”

Mikey shrugged. “I was bored. You take long showers.”

Frankie stared at the notebook for a moment. “Why’d you come on to me like that if you knew?”

“I told you, I was trying to get you to confess.”

Frankie thought about it. “What if I hadn’t stopped you?”

Mikey shrugged again. “I’m always ready to try new things.”