Status: slowly active

The Hardest Part of This Is Leaving You

11. I Am Going To Be Late

“What should I wear?” I ask.

“I don’t know. Those skinny jeans, that new blue t-shirt and your black hoodie maybe?” Kaydie answers, giving me advice.
Yes, I admit that I am nervous. I’ve never been that nervous before. But, I guess it’s pretty normal, at least I am going out with Frank Iero.
Maybe some people would think, why are you going out with Frank Iero? It’s just a guy, you shouldn’t be nervous. And he isn’t hot at all.
But as a fan of My Chemical Romance, it is the best thing that can ever happen to you.
I mean, I kiss Frank’s poster daily, I listen to their music everyday. Every fan of MCR would agree with me.

I know I am very lucky, and that I have to take the chance. It’s only happening once in my life. If I screwed it up, I would be furious at myself. You’re only getting that chance once in your life, and you screw it. No wonder I would be mad.

“Yeah, I’ll do that. What time is it?”

“6:30 pm, already.”

“Shit! And I still have to style my hair. I am going to be late. I am going to screw it.”

“No, you’re not Soph. Everything is going to be alright.”

“You think?”

“Yeah, sure.” Quickly I change my clothes and rush to the bathroom.
Impatiently, I wait for my straightener to warm.

“Stay calm, Soph. You’ll be on time. I promise.”
Actually I don’t believe her. I guess it is already 6:45pm and I have to walk 15 minutes to Starbucks.

“Yes, finally it is warm.” Quickly, but carefully I style my hair.

Ten minutes later.

“Bye! I’m off. Wish me luck.”

“I want to go with you!!” Kaydie says, unexpectedly.

“No, you can’t. You have to take care of me, and let Soph have fun on her own.” Marissa protests. Quickly I mouth her a ‘thank you’ and leave.
Scared, I run to Starbucks. I am going to be too late, on our first date. I am going to screw it!

After 10 minutes I get to Starbucks and rush in. I search for Frank and see him sitting, at a table, watching me.
Nervously I walk over to him.

“Hey,” he greets me, as he stands up.

“Hey,” I answer, out of breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, we are fully aware of the fact that this one is extremely short. I'll have the next one out as soon as possible, which will probably be on Monday.
Comments are still great, they make me smile and make me want to write even more!
xox
Ine