Status: slowly active

The Hardest Part of This Is Leaving You

20. “I’m Just Shocked”

Frank’s POV

Shit, that was embarrassing. Seriously, I’ve never been this embarrassed in my entire life. Why is it that my mum walked in on me and Sophie? That’s never happened with any of my other girlfriends before, not that there were that many. The thing is, why with the one girl that means the most to me? As I’m thinking this, my mum walks into my room. She sits herself down next to me on my bed, taking my hand in hers.

“I’m not mad at you, you know. I’m just shocked and maybe even a little disappointed. I’ve never met this girl before and there you were, both of you half naked on the couch and you claiming that you love her.”

I take my hand from her grasp and sit up a bit straighter before I respond.

“Yeah, well you were going to meet Sophie today anyways. And I do love her. She’s the most perfect girl I’ve ever met.”

“How did you meet her?” she asks, now wanting to know all the details about mine and Sophie’s relationship.

“At Starbucks. Could you now leave me alone for a while? I kinda promised Sophie I would call her,” I answer, not wanting to give her any of the details she wants after she embarrassed me like that.

“Oh, okay, sure. I’ll leave you to it then.” With that, she gets up from my bed again and leaves my room. Before closing the door, she turns around again though, adding: “But if I hear any funny noises come from your room, I’ll be here to embarrass you further.” After that, she closes the door and I swear I can hear her chuckle while getting down the stairs. I start dialling Sophie’s number, waiting for her to pick up.

“Hello?” she answers as she picks up.

“Hey Soph, it’s me.”

“Oh, hi Frank. I wasn’t expecting you to call me this soon. Missing me already?”

“Definitely,” I answer, trying to think of what to say.

“So, any reason you called, besides the fact you miss me already?” Sophie asks, making me laugh. “You know Frank, you have a really cute laugh,” she adds after hearing my laughter.

“Uhm, thanks? And no, not really. I just want to apologize for my mum, barging in on us like that. I swear I didn’t know she was going to get back that soon. I know that was quite embarrassing and I’d undo it if I could. I really feel bad about ...”

“Frank, stop rambling. It’s okay. I believe you when you say you didn’t know she’d be back that soon. And okay, it was quite embarrassing, but it’s not like it’s the end of the world or something. Just something to look back upon and laugh about when we’re old and wrinkly.” I can pretty much hear her smile, talking about us being together when we’re old and wrinkly, which is making me happier than I’ve ever been.

“Okay. But just so you know, I really am sorry about it.”

“I know you are Frank, but there’s no need to.”

“Cool. Uhm, I’ve got to go. My mum is going to kill me if I get yet another D for history, so I’ve got some studying to do. I love you and I’ll talk to you later, that okay?”

“Yeah, I should probably be doing my homework as well. I love you too. Bye Frankie.”

“Bye Soph.”

I hang up, thinking how lucky I am I met Sophie. She really is perfect. With my mind still on Sophie, I take out my history books and start studying for the test I have tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry it took so long to get this out, I found a job that took up all of my time.
Actually, I wanted to get this out yesterday, for my one year on Mibba aniversary, but I wasn't able to do that.
Let me know what you think of the chapter.
xox
Ine