Status: slowly active

The Hardest Part of This Is Leaving You

30. She Doesn’t Love Me Anymore?

Frank’s POV

Two weeks have passed since I last saw Sophie and already I’m feeling miserable. I don’t want to not be able to ever see her and I sure as hell don’t want her to move. Her parents are keeping an eye on her like watch-dogs, it’s surreal to be honest. I’ve tried to reach her, but nothing works anymore. They confiscated her phone, her computer, pretty much just everything. The worst part about all this is that they also read every text message and every e-mail I sent her and they replied to me, telling me to leave their daughter alone, saying she doesn’t want anything to do with me anymore. I also went over to their place, asking if I could please see Sophie, but once again, they told me to leave her alone and that she didn’t want anything to do with me anymore. I can’t believe I’m gonna say this, but I’m actually starting to believe them. I’m actually starting to believe Sophie doesn’t care about me anymore and it’s killing me. She’s the first girl I’ve ever liked this much. I love her, I’m in love with her.

My phone ringing got me out of my thinking spree. I sigh, before glancing at the caller ID, knowing it wouldn’t be Sophie, so it wouldn’t be worth it. Instead, Marissa’s name is flashing across the screen. Reluctantly, I pick up.

“Hello.”

“Hey Frankie,” I hear Sophie’s voice through the phone, “I’m so sorry I couldn’t call you anytime sooner, I really am. But you know how my parents are, they won’t let me go anywhere, except for now. They won’t even let me see my best friend anymore. I’m so sorry and I miss you so much,” she starts sobbing. At this moment, I want nothing more than to hold her in my arms and try to comfort her, but I can’t, courtesy of her stupid ass parents.

“I miss you too sweety. More than you could ever know. And I’m sorry too, for not being able to find a way to get you out of the house and to see you. Sweety, please stop crying, you know I hate to see you sad. We’ll eventually think of some way to see each other again,” I try to comfort her, even though I know it won’t really help much.

“You do realise I’m leaving in a week, don’t you? When will ‘eventually’ be?”

“I don’t know. But I’m sure we’ll find something before you leave, we have to. I don’t want you to leave before I saw you again. Maybe I can get Gerard to kidnap you or something,” I say, which makes her laugh softly.

“Gerard would never be able to kidnap me, his ninja skills aren’t good enough to fool my parents,” she giggles.

“You know, you’re right. And it’s good to hear you laugh again, even though it’s my best friend at whose expense you’re laughing,” I smile, even though I know she can’t see me smile.

“That’s what talking to you does to me. You just make me happy. Uhm, Frankie, I’m really sorry, but I gotta go. My parents are coming to pick me up any minute now. They won’t even let me spend more than half an hour with Marissa. I’m sorry I have to go this soon. I miss you and I love you.”

“I miss you and I love you too. I’ll see you soon, okay? Me and the guys will figure something out,” I try to reassure her and myself.

I hear her hang up the phone soon after. I really can’t believe I was thinking she didn’t want to see me anymore. I’m such an idiot. I feel slightly better though, because I heard her voice again, even if it was just for a few minutes. I really have to find a way to get to her once again. I can’t have her just leave without seeing her again at least one last time. If it were up to me, we’d spend each waking hour together, but I gave up on that thought a long time ago, since that’s not gonna happen. But I will find a way to see her again!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it took me this long to get this out, really I am. My only excuse is that I'm super busy with work. Believe me, teaching is quite a tiring job!
I do hope y'all like this chapter and such. Leave us some comments, even though I don't think I really deserve them.
Next chapter should be out sooner though!

xox
Ine