‹ Prequel: Bleeding Heart

I Won't Fear Love.

Fighting the Urge.

"Jimmy?" I gasped as I jumped out of my car, leaving it running while the stereo was blasting Flat on the Floor. His lip was bleeding, and it looked swollen. I walked towards him, thinking maybe I should run so I walked faster.

Jimmy looked at me, and frowned. Well, that makes me feel welcomed. I was going by his house because of the store, since it passed his house and it's the longest route.

"Hey, Mare." He said softly covering his lip.

"Jim, what happened?" Just then a heard a crash in his house, and Jimmy quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards my truck.

"Hurry and drive off, please Mariella." He said, and just as I peeled off the door opened and I saw an extremely angry man standing in the door way looking after him.

"Jimmy, I think I should take you to the hospital, or a doctor or something." I said as I pulled over. We were far from his house. "Move your damn hand!" I growled and he did. looked at his lip, and I opened the glove compartment and took out some napkins and gently started to wipe away the blood. "It's pretty deep, Jim." I said, and he sighed.

"I don't need a hospital, Mare. I'm fine." I sighed, upset.

"What happened?" I asked as I gave him the napkins and he sighed, taking them from me.

So, he told me. He said that his father had to much to drink, and he stood up for himself for the first time. "I'm really proud of you, Jimbo." He laughed, and cringed from the pain in his lip. "You're gonna have some nasty ass bruise, I see it forming." I pulled into the hospital.

"I ain't got the money for the hospital bill, M." I sighed and opened my glove compartment to give him some money. "No." He said, getting out of the truck and shutting the door.

"Jim, you need stitches." He sighed.

"Is it bad?" I nodded.

"Not so bad, though. While you're getting your stitches I'm gonna call Lex."

"No, no! She's going to flip, and get upset. You can't!" He said, stopping inf front of me.

"Jim, if she calls your house and finds that you're not there she's gonna freak."

"I'll call Dom and tell him stick up for me. She'll call him." I sighed.

"No." I grounded my teeth together.

"Mariella." He hugged me, "Sorry. I just, I need to. I don't want her worried. She's pregnant. Having her worry is bad."

"She's going to get worried, "I tugged at his arm to get him to move, "If she doesn't know where the hell you are."

"That's why I'll call Dom. I'll have him come he-"

"I'm gone, as soon as he gets here." I muttered, and he frowned.

"You can't run all the time, M." I frowned, too. And watched my feet hit the pavement. I heard his huge feet hit it, and the sound of my heart.

You know it's quiet when you hear your heart beat.

"I know.." I finally said, "I don't control my body anymore, it's like someone took over." I whispered as we came to the entrance of the hospital.

"Oh my god! These kids need to stop getting into fights, I'll tell ya." One of the nurses who saw Jimmy said.

"I didn't get into a fight." He muttered. "I was just hit." He went to the counter and did the whole thing, lying though.

I don't understand why he lied, when his father hit him. I'd tell the truth if my father ever hit me. Jimmy nodded, and asked if I could come along. The nurse said okay.

The god damn wait was forever, he ended up calling Dominic, which I blocked my ears for because I could hear his monotone voice on the other line.

Soon, I heard feet hit the hard floor and when I looked up, prepared to see the doctor or something, I came eye to eye with Dominic.

My feet were planted on the floor, I couldn't move. A lump formed in my throat, and he kept on staring.

Then when I was able to move again, I ran out of there in a flash. I could hear Jimmy curse.

No one's POV

Dominic stood there, surprised to see Mariella there. She sat there staring at him as he did the same, and he felt like such a fool for not saying anything. He could see how much pain there was in her eyes, and the way she was frozen in the spot.

She got up and ran past him, and the scent of Honey was blown his his way. He cringed at the memory of holding her, the memory of kissing her.

Jimmy cursed, not very loud though. But she could still hear it.

"What?" He finally managed to finally say.

"You are an idiot, why aren't you chasing after her?" He said, as he brought his hand up to his face. He doesn't get it why he didn't just chase her. "Dom, everyone knows how much pain you are in, but damn Dominic! She's too!" He complained, "It isn't easy for her!"

"I know." He whispered, sitting in the chair she recently sat in. "I got told not to chase after her, so I'm not." He said, remembering her mother.

Don't chase after her, Dom. Not just yet. Just let her think. She had told him, and so he did what she said.

But, not chasing after her kills him, because all he wants to do is wrap his arms around her. But he's fighting the urge.

He wants to give her time, but the time is killing him.

"Well, "Jimmy said, just as the doctor came in, "I say, from brother to brother, screw what that person says, and chase after her. You and I both know she isn't here for any longer."

Dominic had forgotten all about that, that she was leaving for Mississippi. And now, he absolutely dreaded the end of the school year.

How much time will it take him to get the courage to chase her?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought I'd add the second one.
Didn't want people to stand there and live the next hours in wonder..
All thought I have done it..
But, I wanted this one out because people are just amazing and I had inpiratiooooooon <3
thank you, hope you like!