‹ Prequel: Bleeding Heart

I Won't Fear Love.

Screwed up.

"Hey, Bill." I said said as I walked in. Remember that one guy who walked in? Who randomly said 'Hey'? And that was more gorgeous than any celebrity?

Well, that's him.

He nodded his head, "Hey, babe." Instead of calling me by my name, he'd rather call me babe.

That always ticked..

MUST NOT THINK! No no.

I smiled at him as I wrapped the apron thing around me. "How was your weekend?" Oh, and my working has now been reduced, since they found someone who can do a lot more hours than I can.

So, I work every other weekend.

But, I decided to take Thursday today since the woman can't come in today. We'll, 'round eight is when I get off, and she comes in. The diner doesn't close until 10.

"Glorious." I lied, and he sighed.

"Liar." He said as he flicked my nose. I scrunched it up and stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed. "That's chi-OH MY GOD! Your tongue is blue!" I laughed at his sudden out burst and started on an order that Micheal gave me. "How's your tongue blue?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I had kool-aid this morning for a drink?" I questioned, more than stated. He shook his head and laughed.

"Kool-aid isn't something you drink in the morning, M." I laughed and turned over the pancake.

"Crap!" I smacked Bill's shoulder, "Stop distracting me, you jerk! Look what you made me do!"I had burnt it,. Bill laughed as I went to pour more pancake mix on the huge stove.

"How's you and lover boy doin'?" He asked, nonchalantly.

"Unless you want tears running down my face, I suggest we end it right there." He raised his eyebrow, but nodded at the same time.

"Don't want that." He went back to cooking whatever he was cooking.

Eight O'clock.

Around 7:30, Jimmy called -freaking a day late- and told me he's alright. And that Alexis was mad that she didn't get a call, and Dom did.

Remind me to call her later...

"See ya, Mike! Bill!" I waved, and walked out of the diner. I kicked the stone and went to walk towards my truck.

I felt someones big hand on my arm and I turned around, heart racing.

"Mariella." He said softly, and I looked up at Bill who had a worried face. "Tell me whats wrong." He said, taking me to sit on the side walk.

Bill and I have formed a great friendship. He's kind of like another Dante/Dominic, but I'd admit the first month he started working I had the crush on him. Hell, everyone has. He gets here, and there's a box of chocolates or a love note.

And this guy isn't gay.

I sighed and played in the dirt on the side of the road.

"I screwed everything up. I'm a screw up." I whispered, and I felt like crying.

No, I promised I wouldn't break down.

He brought me into a hug, and the really bad thing is..He always smelled like Dominic, and his hugs felt just like his.

And I did something I probablynever should have done.

I brought my lips to his in desperate need of forcing everything out of my mind. Just to get the feeling of needing him so bad out of my mind.

He was shocked at first, but soon he put his arms around my waist, pulling me onto his lap.I wrapped my arms around his neck, and brought my hands up to his hair and deepened the kiss.

Then I felt him push me away and he gently got me off his lap. He was about to speak, but turned and walked back towards the diner. His face showed nothing but...well..nothing. He hid everything.

One problem was, Bill's almost twenty three.
♠ ♠ ♠
Crap, I hope I didn't screw anything up.
Don't hate me, please?
Hope you liked the update.