‹ Prequel: Bleeding Heart

I Won't Fear Love.

How his touch could put so much life in me.

"Alright, everyone." Said Mrs.Montgomery, our English teacher, as she clapped her hands letting everyone know that class is starting."As you all know, tonight is Prom." She paused as people clapped around Dominic and I. He looked at me and smiled.

I was dreading tonight.

Heather has went out picked out the dress for me, along with my mother. She wanted to surprise me. Like how she won't let me see the dress, I'll have to keep my eyes shut.

And I'll stay true to my word.

Mrs.Montgomery continued, " And school will be ending in a month. I'm not going to give homework tonight, because of Prom. And I can't wait to see you guys all dressed up and dashing." I sighed, more heels. Perfect. "But, there is going to be work today. Please, I want you to write at least a page of what you expect of the future. Your goals, fears, wishes, hero's, everything. This will be in your portfolio at the end when you graduate. Please, let everything I've taught you show through this paper. Show me how smart you guys are. Mariella," She said as she stopped at my desk and smiled a huge smile, "I expect to see you tonight?" She asked and I nodded my head, "You will be the first person I look for." She smiled and walked away as she gave Dominic and I paper.

Mrs.Montgomery has been my favorite teacher, she teaches my favorite subject.

Even though we're Seniors, she wants our minds to be open. She wants everything for us. She's pushed me at times when I was down, when I couldn't think about anything to write about.

I've always read what I've written to the class, always. First person to get up and read, and I was rather...happy.

Not everyone would love them, some would. The artistic people always praise my work, no doubt.

But, before Dominic would always make fun of my writing, but he hasn't now.

He's told me, that in truth, he's loved everything about my writing.

"Now, You could either write this kind of like a story, or an essay. I want you to have fun with this. Yeah, teachers may have you write your ambitions down, but this isn't just something about ambitions. It's character. What you want, is who you are. You want to become a model, it sets who you are. Not most times though. Sometimes, you can mess up what you want, and what your talent is. Please, kids, enjoy this. Make whatever you want out of this." She stopped as she sat down at her desk, sorting papers out. Then she looked up, very seriously. "Oh and class? This counts as a huge grade, so I suggest you start working." Everyone looked for a pen or pencil as Dominic and I started to write down.

Hmm, my ambitions? Well, I want to...get a career in music. I want to grow up and find the meaning in life. The reason why I live. I want a family. I want to be able to help my mother out with the bills. Make sure she doesn't eat spaghetti every night for dinner. I want her to find a man that's good for her, for when I'm gone. Not gone gone, but when I move. Grow up with my friends beside me.

My fears? Getting old. Being by myself. Leaving behind what I have. Having to come back and people forget that I ever existed. The only few people that actually matter, leave me there. Not having anyone there for me. No hands to guide me through. Being on my own. But what I'm most afraid of, is love. Being torn, being heart broken. I've faced it before, and I'm scared to face it again. Being with Dominic, scares the living hell out of me. He makes me feel things I've never felt before.

Hmm, my life style. How about that? Nothing big. A small house, like the one I live in now. With a yard. A really big yard. Funny, isn't it? Small house, but a big yard. That's who I am, though. I want children, especially a boy. If I had a boy, I'd name him after my brother. Dante. He's my hero, my idol, the man I look up to. Just like my mother, she's my female hero. No celebrity. To me, my mothers famous. She's strong, she's everything I want to be. She stood tall, when love went and destroyed her. It's like she fell off a horse, and got right back on. My hero, my idol. My mother.


"Mariella?" Dominic's voice came form the left of me. I didn't know I was crying until he spoke my name. He turned me around and cupped my face in his big hands, "Mare? Why are you crying?" He lightly wiped away the tears with his thumbs. I noticed everyone cleared out of the room, so didn't Mrs.Montgomery. I sniffled back more tears as I cleared my throat.

"Just thoughts." I whispered as I put everything back in my bag and waited for him to follow. He looked confused and upset as he took my hand. I wiped my eyes with my sleeve. Good thing I didn't wear make up today.

As I grabbed a desk and sat down, Dominic spoke, "What thoughts?" I shrugged and looked at him, our hands still intertwined.

"My mother, my father, my brother, and Heather." He nodded as I looked forward.

"Mariella?" I looked at him again, as he quickly pressed his lips to mine sweetly. I smiled as the familiar fluttering began in my stomach, and the original beating of my heart started to beat faster.

Sometimes it shocked me, how his touch could put so much life in me.

"I can't wait for tonight, you know. You're going to be beautiful. I won't be able to keep my eyes of off you. Well, you all ready are very beautiful." He whispered, "And the Snow Ball, you were amazing." I smiled, but frowned remembering how the night ended. It's a good thing I forgave him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like!
I'm happy you guys like ti so far :D
Thanks for the comments