‹ Prequel: My Heart's Melodie

Forever.

three.

I walked back from my Calculus class, the conversation still buzzing in my head.

”I don’t want to see this behavior again…..you are supposed to be in AP, not middle school….are you listening, Miss Thomason?.....I don’t care how popular you are, you are a better student than most others, I want to see you acting responsibly….”

It was all around the same lines. She wasn’t mad; in fact, she would have normally let me get away with it, but kids had been complaining that I never got diciplined for my actions, so I knew she had to do it. I didn’t really care, though. I just wanted out of there. I needed to be away from everything.

I was still fuming from my bickering with Stacy. She had so many problems, just to come up to me like that. And she knew it. She knew that she had a firm hold on me, and I knew she wasn’t letting go until she got what she wanted. In this case it was my boyfriend.

As much as I loved him, Joe could really be clueless. The three months before he realized I loved him, the times he never knew why Stacy was dating him, it just went on and on. I hated seeing him getting trampled like this; it crushed me. But being away from him, with almost no contact, knowing he could be secretly loving another girl and I would never know?

I couldn’t bear it.

Before long, I realized where my fast-paced steps were taking me. It was to the familiar tree I had always hung out with friends at. Cassidy, Hannah, Joe; this was just my place at school.

But as I glanced at it now, it seemed different. Whether it was the fact that there were a group of sophmore girls sitting there, or it was just because it had lost it’s feeling, I would never know. All I knew was that it just didn’t feel the same.

Come to think of it, nothing really looked or felt the same anymore. Without Joe, nothing was right.

And for some reason, this time was worse. Last time, he was right underneith my nose, right where I could see him. But now, he could be all the way across the country.

In the hands of another girl.

The thought sent a chill down my back all the way to my toes. I had never really thought of it that way before, and it scared me. Pretty bad, too. I vowed that as soon as I got home from school, I would send something to Nick and ask him, either that or text Kevin. I needed to know.

But at the same time, I couldn’t help but think that there was no point. No point to a lot of things, in fact.

What was the point of being his girlfriend when we hadn’t spoken to each other once after they left? What was the point of assuring myself that he was still mine, yet in a way, still wasn’t? What was the point of giving myself a reason to be depressed?

There wasn’t.

Just as the bell rang for fifth period, I made my desesion. I was going to have to go through, for the sake of my own heart.

I flipped open my phone, opened a new text message, and set the adress to Kevin’s phone. Then I went to type:

Tell Joe I can’t handle this anymore; I’m done.

I pressed the send button and walked into my fifth period AP English class.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SORRY I'M SORRY I'M SORRY!
DON'T KILL ME!!!!!
but I am happy to say that this is making up for not updating this weekend (: though it is a bit short