You Don't Know

One Shot

The glass I held in my hand tumbled to the floor and shattered into thousands of pieces at my feet.

I slowly backed out of the doorframe, my eyes still glued to them.

He looked up then, embarrassment crossing his face, as the girl threw on her shirt.

“S-Sorry.” I mumbled, closing the door and stumbling down the steps to the front door. I didn’t look for Amber, my best friend. She could get a ride home with someone other than me. I ran to my car, and slammed the door shut.

I hadn’t wanted to see that. It almost killed me. He didn’t know it, but I was completely in love with him. Since elementary school. The girl falls in love with her best friend. Cliché right?

I threw the key in the ignition and sped off, distancing myself as far away from that party as humanely possibly. Even though I knew I was headed for home. A way too short 10 miles away.

I had already been devastated when he asked her out. And completely shocked. How many times had he told me I was beautiful, that he loved me? And so many times I thought he meant it in the way that I had wanted him to.

But I realized now it had been no more than something any best friend said.

“I’m so stupid.” I whispered as I wiped my running mascara from my damp cheek and pulled over, off the road, leaning my head onto the steering wheel, sobbing.

A mere few seconds later, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I yanked it out and looked at the caller ID. Him.

“Hey.”

“Hey….” Brandon answered. “Are you…..I’m sorry about that. Haha.”

“It’s fine.”

“Are you mad at me or something?”

“No.”

“You sound like it. And did you leave? I can’t find you.”

“Yeah.”

Sheesh. I was supposed to be mad, upset disappointed. But I still had butterflies as I talked to him, my cheeks flushed.

“Why?” he whined.

“Because..”

“Because………….” Brandon waited for me to finish.

“You don’t want to know.”

“Yeah I do.”

“Nope.”

“RAINA. I WANT TO KNOW.”

“…..I don't know…….I don’t think you do.”

“Please?” he pleaded.

“No. Maybe some day. Bye.”

“Raina. Don’t you hang up on me. I’m coming to find y-“

I snapped my phone shut. I had to go. I was literally a few yards past the house, I could still here the music thumping loudly, the base overpowering the other sounds.

I sighed and threw the keys back in the ignition, and flipped on the windshield wipers. It had started pouring.

As soon as I started the car, I heard a knock on the window. I jumped in my seat and whipped my head around to see who it was.

Brandon.

Great.

I rolled down the window. He was getting drenched.

“Raina come on, why are you mad? Come back to the party.”

“No.”

“Come on, at least let me inside so we can talk. I’m getting soaked.”

I looked at the seat next to me, full of my junk.

Well, I didn’t mind the rain. I pulled the keys out and stepped outside, pulling my hood over my head.

“What?”

“I know you’re upset. Just tell me why. Come on, I came out here to find you and I’m getting soaked. Just tell me. Please.”

“You really want to know, Brandon? You really honestly want to know? Did you know I’ve liked you since 2nd grade? Maybe ‘like’ isn’t the right word. I loved you. And you know, now I realize that you will never feel the same way about me as I feel about you. And seeing that tonight, you all over that girl, that just pushed me over my limit. That’s all I can handle, ok? I can’t do it anymore. I don’t know what’s going to happen after this, all I know-”

Brandon’s lips came crashing down onto mine, stunning me into silence as I pressed against him, wrapping my arms around him, he wrapping his strong arms around my waist. I finally pulled away after a minute, tears rolling down my cheek, disguised by the rain also running down my cheek. “What-” I started.

“Raina, that was to make you jealous. I thought-I thought you just liked me as a friend. I’ve been in love with you. Didn't Amber tell you?”

I couldn’t say anything, I just laid my head on his chest, shocked but finally feeling at peace.

“You’re so beautiful.” He whispered in my ear.

“I love you.”

“Me too. I-I’m so sorry, Raina. I’m so sorry. I should’ve told you.”

I stood up on my toes to kiss him again, and he pulled one hand away from my waist to hold my face up to his.
♠ ♠ ♠
love?hate?

i need feedback people(:
THANKYOUSS