Distant

002

I lay her down softly on what I like to call my bed (aka an old blanket on the ground)
As she lays there I continue to gaze at her , she must be around 13. I wish i lasted 13 yrs , 9 years was all I could take,such a strong girl.
She begins to move.
"My neck" she says in her innocent voice.
I rush to her and place her head on my lap, she slowly falls into a slumber.
I Relize how wrong what I'm doing must seem but I am only doing what I wished for someone to do for me when I was in this state.
I close my eyes and join the girl in rest. My last though is a prayer, a prayer for no more, a prayer for help, a prayer for a young girl to be saved!

****

I awake to see the girl cuddled up in a ball , looking like one last attempt of safety .
I wonder if her parents have been looking for her. Surely they have, Surely.
All of a sudden something rustles. Curious to the noise i throw a rock in it's direction. Not to hard just hard enough for what ever it is to move again...
"Woof" ...a dog. It Runs straight towards the girl. I Allow it , I have a feeling it's hers.
The dog softly licks her face ,and in one swift movement the dog is on her lap and she is squeeling with joy.
"Oh Patches you'll never guess what happened" She says to the dog.
I contemplate informing her I'm here, but curiosity gets the better of me. I continue to listen.
"Oh patches . This boy...a boy, poor boy to be frank , poor smelly boy , poor smelly H-"
I cough before something like Hideous is said.
She turns around , she stares.
Shit , she manages to run away , I attempt to follow her.
I fail.
The Dog stares at me Blankly... I comtemplate using the dog as an excuse to see her. I look at the dog,
- Legs all but one (accident maybe)
- Eyes Blue (husky )
- Yet oddly Enough Patches.
A three legged husky with patches, Unique. Very unique.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments Appreaciated :)