Status: Lost...

Carved My Name

Fourteen

"Hey ho, let's go." I sang along to the Ramones.

"Shut up." Krista pointed to me.

"Okay, let's make the rules clear." I said getting fed up with her and her complaining. "Claire is staying with me for a week until her daddy gets back. I want little cussing coming from your mouths. I want no cussing coming from your mouth Ms. Skank."

"Why? She's already messed up like you are." I pressed the breaks on the hummer, causing everyone to fly forward. We're all thankful that we're on the private road with no one else on the road.

"That's it. I'm killing that bitch." I flew out of my seat and clawed at her. Missy grabbed on my back and pulled on me.

"Let it go! She's not worth those nails!" Missy told me.

"Anger manag-"

"Krista, shut the fuck up." Jussi sighed, obviously annoyed with her insults.

Somehow, Jussi finally telling that bitch to stop calmed me down. I let out a deep breath and went back into my seat. I then reached over to the glove box and pulled out silver duct tape. I ripped off a four inch piece and turned back around.

"What's-"

"Shut the fuck up." The whole car said as one.

Getting close enough to her, I slapped the duct tape over her mouth. Not a humane way of getting things settled; but it makes me feel better. Plus it's the cheaper way. I sighed, finally hearing silence. Nothing will be coming from her mouth. Well, she's struggling but that's enough for me. I can tune her out with music from someone's ipod.

"Back to my rules: no cussing when Claire is around. No perverted jokes- Bam, that means you. And Krista, just shut the fuck up the whole time. I swear you're worse than a pregnant lady."

I turned the music back on and put the car in drive. In a more positive mood than earlier, the drive to Beth’s parent's house seemed to go by fast. The wonders of duct tape. If it worked for me it'll definitely work for her. Look, it's already made me in a better mood.

I can't stand that girl. I didn't like her when I first saw her. I don't think I'd ever like her even if she didn't steal Jussi from me. By the looks of it, no one can stand her. Jussi is getting annoyed at her. His band mates are getting annoyed at her. Bam and Missy are like me, we never liked her to begin with. This silence I've blessed everyone with is a one time deal. I'm glad Draco keeps duct tape randomly in his car.

"Watch her." I said to everyone, pointing to Krista, who is now locked in the seat belt. "I'll be right back."

Bam saluted to me and I was off. I jogged to the front of the house and loudly pressed the doorbell. I could hear Nollia barking and Claire giggling to get the door. I brightly smiled to her and bend down to give her a large hug. Claire hugged me and won't let go. It's common for her to hang on to me and demand a ride. I don't mind, I love this girl.

"Here's her stuff Annie." Beth’s mom smiled, giving me Claire and Nollia's bags.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"She missed you."

"Aww, I missed her too. But you're going to spend the whooooooooooollllllle entire week with mommy."

"Yay!" She clapped.

"We'll see you later Annie."

"Bye." I politely said and carried not only Claire, but all her bags with me to the car.

Claire wiggled out of my arms and started screaming when she saw the hummer. Once she started screaming all cheery, Nollia started barking even louder and bounced higher in the air. I chuckled at the little girl. I opened the door for her and scooped Nollia in my arms so when she jumps, she won't run into the car door. I carried the dog with me to the front and set her in my lap.

"It's about time you duct taped her." Claire giggled. I smiled to her

"And that's why I love her." I announced. "Now, it's out to lunch. I'm actually willing to eat."

Amazing, yes I am feeling hungry. I said I'd be going out to lunch. That doesn't necessarily mean that I'd be hungry when it came to that time. Turns out that toast with strawberry jam didn't fill me up long enough like I thought. That's okay, I can finally be apart of the group during meals.

I was a short drive to the Chinese restaurant. I still held on to the hyper dog while getting out of the hummer. I waved to the hostess, I know her. Seeing Nollia in my arms, she led us to the outside chairs. We all love round tables, but she gave us a long table to fit all... I believe nine of us. No wait- it's ten. I'm being the blond I really am and I can't count.

"Isn't this a little-no a lot quieter?" I commented.

"It is nice. A lot calmer." Jyrki pointed out.

"Why didn't we leave her in the car mommy?"

"Mommy doesn't trust her in Uncle Draco's hummer." I smiled back to her. "Not to mention, I need to call that idiot and see why I have his hummer."

Bam cracked up instantly. "You have your brother's hummer?"

"Well yeah, when I got here it was in the drive way so I've been using it the whole time. What Jenna and I decided was how to distinguish moms by the cars they drive."

"Really?" Jyrki became interested, looking at me instead of his menu.

"Okay, so there's the cliche mini van, those are for the soccer moms, the moms will active children, and the moms that let themselves go. Then there's the mid sized SUV for the soccer mom with active kids, though she hasn't let herself go yet. There's the big SUVs, those moms have older children, either let themselves go by the larger their model or haven't by the smaller but bigger mid sized SUV. Lastly, there are the moms who drive the hummers. Those moms are the badasses who can drive that giant car without having a flipshit moment."

The whole table stared at me. Hey, it came from the mind of Jenna and me. I don't blame them for being a little... creeped out by my findings. I'm right aren't I? Mini vans are for the moms that totally let themselves go and hummers are for the bad ass moms. Technically, I'm not a mom. Close enough though; Claire calls me her mom and by law I am one of her guardians.

Dawdling, Bam and Missy started chuckling at my statement. The rest of the group chuckled at my stupidity. The skank couldn’t talk and simply glared at me. Ha! See if I care! Which I don't really because I was the one who put the duct tape on her mouth. The only work she did was pissing me off to the point I could barely handle her and her smartass mouth.

"Wait, how do know you it's your brother’s car?" Timo asked me. I smirked to him.

"Who has duct tape in their car?"

"That just sounds like your brother." Bam laughed.

"Sadly, I don't own a car. Yet I doubt I'd have duct tape in my car if I did have one."

"You should get a car." Missy suggested.

"I need a car. Since my uncle died, I have a generous sum of money in my account. I can use that on a car that I need."

"Why do you need a car?" Jussi asked.

"I get around for instance. Usually I go outside of Helsinki for errands and paying a perverted taxi man is getting too old for me. Besides I can use euros since the dollar is at a shitty price."

"That's right; you've pretty much given up with the dollar." Missy recalled the last politic/economical conversation we had.

"I might be going car shopping in Boulder before I leave. Just to let you all know."

One by one, the waiter took our orders then hurried back to tell the people in the kitchen our orders. We were left to talk amongst ourselves until we got Asian food in our face. Kim Chi was placed in my face with a side of fried rice. I smiled and dug into it with a smile. Kim Chi is a Southern Korean dish, spicy cabbage fermented in other spices. It's got less than ten calories, usually seven calories. And that is a major bonus for the anorexic girl.