Status: Lost...

Carved My Name

Eight

The plates were in the dish washer, extra food stored in the refrigerator, and everyone in separate parts of the room. They stayed clear of the living room, where the tv and most of the entertainment is. That's where I'm at; furiously typing and mumbling in French while I type. I got my one wish: people to leave me alone. Though not all wishes last forever as much as I wish for it to last. Mine officially ended when then twoevil lovers took refuge in here.

I'm not sure if they noticed me, I'm near the corner of the room, in front of the large window. My French mumbling is only to my ears, those two wouldn't be able to hear it. I only want to try an experiment. To see how long it takes them to figure out I'm here. I bet they didn't even notice how this room is being labeled as 'do not enter'. Probably not, noting that they're here.

"Keep the volume at a minimum." I warned. "Or go down in the basement where you won't bother me."

"Actually, I like here."

"Krista," Jussi warned.

Ha, he's finally doing something. It's about time.

"Whatever you do then, Krista, do it quietly."

"Do you have anything interesting to watch in this place?"

Closing my eyes, one... two... three... four... five... It sounds childish, that cliché technique taught at anger management classes. Well on some occasions, it works. It doesn't calm me down completely, but my anger does subside only for a little bit.

I pushed against the wood desk, the wheels on my chair sounding against the floor. I walked to the chest that doubled as a table. I put the clickers on the small stand between the two couches. I lifted the top open. Like a jewelry box, shelves were popped up, showing DVD boxes. I opened the doors on the side of the trunk. That unveiled more shelves that held DVD boxes. I stood up, going to the tv setup. I opened a drawer and unlatched some doors. I left them open and went back to my 'office'.

"Watch what you want. But remember that some people work and don't get all bitchy when I have a call coming in that interrupts your movie." I emotionlessly reminded them.

They chose some movie. I didn't put so much attention to it. They were doing well. They whispered only for a little, a few light chuckles. The trouble began when Krista deliberately began making some small, yet obnoxious noise. I let her continue with it for a good straight twenty minutes until I stopped typing and threw my hands in the air.

"Will you quit it?! If you're trying to get me mad you're doing a great job at it!"

I grabbed my laptop, all my papers, and my cell phone. I unplugged my stuff and carried it all in my hands. I left the room in a rush and went to the kitchen. I heard Krista darkly chuckle and resumed her movie. On purpose, she made it louder and become more of a nuisance only to piss me off further. What really ticked me off is Jussi. He did nothing at all. He sat there, let her do what she pleased and push all my buttons.

I growled again, unplugging and holding everything in my arms. This time I took with me a bottle of rum. I opened the door with my feet then loudly slammed it so people will know what happened. I walked until I got to the tree house. I ignored the person that came after me; they're not moving very fast. I'm so thankful for my brother's idea of restoring this tree house and making it somewhat livable. There’s cable, power, signal. He's placed old blankets, cushions, and an air mattress inside.

I held all my things in one hand. I climbed up the ladder and pushed my stuff up there before me. I crawled around, plugging in my stuff and fluffing up pillows to my liking. Just as I found my comfortable spot and got right back to working, the person following me found his or her way inside and stared me in the eyes.

"What do you want?" I coldly said to the man with grey eyes and spiky hair.

"I think we need to talk Love."

"Don't call me Love. I'm not your love."

"It's an old habit."

"You have until I get a call from France."

"When will that be?"

"I don't know." I truthfully mumbled.

Crawling like me earlier, Jussi got on the mattress and sat down next to me. From him being so much heavier, my level was shifted down. I looked at Jussi, not muttering a word. He scooted over a little, causing my level to go back to normal.

"There's so much to say Antoinette."

"And I've only wanted one simple thing."

"Hmmm?"

"Makeup sex. An apology, you idiot." I rolled my eyes. "From what you did to me, from what happened to my friend, from what you let your skank do. I've gotten so many apologies in the past five years but none from the person that mattered most."

"I truly am sorry for what happened to your friend. From what you told me in the past, you and she might as well be sisters."

"Her parents are too old to fully take care of Claire. Beth's husband cares too much about his work to notice, let alone give Claire juice. And Jenna doesn't know anything. Everything she knows, I've taught her myself."

"They need you, Antoinette. By doing what you're doing, you're teaching them."

"Claire needs me; I need her. You have no idea how much it hurt me when your skank said those things about her and I."

Jussi looked down. Momentarily, he forgot about it. Her words burn with in me. She attacked me with a subject that no one dares to talk about around me. She wasn't there when it happened; she didn't stand next to me, trying to comfort me from my two losses. She doesn't know anything about that one night. I can't forgive her, I can't let it go, and I won't forget.

"After that dinner, I think it's best for us to leave. We've caused too much damage and that's all we're doing right now."

"You would have been safer if listening to Missy and Bam. They've been the people I kept a tab with. They know just about everything they need to know about me."

"She had no right to say that. I swear I didn't know she would go that far."

"It's a little too late."

He didn't apologize! That idiot! I told him that all I want is an apology! Why hasn't he given me one? At least one that matters! It's not his fault Beth died! God damn idiot! Say you're sorry for what you did! You know what you did to me! Tell me you're sorry for being temped and that ruined my ability to love. Tell me you're sorry.

"Jussi, you still haven't told me you’re sorry. That all I want to hear and you won't say it to me." I sighed.

"Antoinette." He softly said to me.

"Annie! You've got visitors!" Jenna said from the house. I heard it on the intercom thingy.

"Is the whole world against me making a living?!" I screamed. I took all the stuff I brought with me up here and now I have to go back down there.

Careful like before, I climbed to the ground and looked at Jussi. He followed down behind me, walking not too far from me back to the house. I wish I can say that our talk had a positive result. But it didn't. I didn't get a simple apology and our talk didn't solve anything.